Sales | Greater Denver Area, CO | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Founded in 2002, Outskirts Press is an exciting combination of Internet Technology and full-service self-publishing/book marketing services. We are the only self-publishing company to appear on the list of top 5,000 fastest growing businesses in America for four years in a row, according to Inc Magazine. When you join Outskirts Press, you join one of the premiere, technologically-advanced online self-publishing companies in the industry today, with the flexibility of working anywhere in the world.
Independent Contractor Role: Publishing Consultant Department: Sales
As an industry-leading self-publishing service provider, Outskirts Press enables first-time and established authors, in a wide variety of genres, to realize their publishing dreams. That’s why more than 16,000 authors have selected Outskirts Press as their publisher of choice.
We have an immediate need for sales professionals who are self-driven and love to achieve! This is an entrepreneurial position. Candidates with past sales experience, telemarketing experience, independent contractor experience and work-from-home experience are encouraged to explore this opportunity. Contractors must be organized, productive, efficient and disciplined sales professionals.
• Convert leads into paying clients via phone and email sales efforts.
• Support and sell clients on additional services to help them improve their publication.
• Help clients navigate the initial portions of the pre-production process and pass them successfully to a member of the production team.
• Dramatically increase your commissions by proactively seek new leads through independent, self-motivated tactics like social media participation, client referrals, cold calls, or other flexible opportunities
Work Location: TELECOMMUTE • United States Time Commitment: Full or Part Time
Company Industry: Self-Publishing/Internet Joining Date: Immediately
# of Contractors Needed: 2-3 Status: Independent Contractor
Monthly Pay Range: Sliding-scale, commission/bonus with guaranteed monthly base for first 4 months
• Strong, proactive relationship-based sales experience
• Strong, proactive customer-service and sales skills via telephone and email
• Strong creative and critical thinking skills
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient computer, problem-solving, written, and oral communication skills
• Quiet, consistent, professional home-based office environment
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets
• Excellent time management and self-discipline
• Confident, self-driven, dynamic and loves to learn
• Previous sales experience, especially in telemarketing is an advantage
• Publishing and/or book marketing experience a definite plus
• Fluency in English (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) is required
• Bilingual English/Spanish a huge plus
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter, resume, and the answers to the questions below (in PDF format) to:
Name: Elizabeth Javor
1. Why did you apply for this particular sales position?
2. What is your process for making a sale in your current, or most recent, sales position - from getting the lead all the way through to closing the sale?
3. Describe how you would make a customer feel comfortable and how you would build rapport knowing that 100% of your business is done over the phone and online.