Senior UX & UI Designer
Visual Design | DC Metro Area (Remote) | Full Time | From $85,000.00 to $115,000.00 per year
Outright (www.WeAreOutright.com) is a women- and minority-owned creative agency that delivers elevated creative for modern brands. We believe our edge comes from the composition of our team, a thoughtful blend of creative and strategic thinkers brought together through our desire to create meaningful work. Whether a designer, a developer or a strategist, everyone at Outright is an artist looking to blaze new trails and create inspiring work.
We work with brands and non-profits like Google/YouTube, Marriott International, Share Our Strength, MeToo, and World Resources Institute. We challenge ourselves to think boldly and bring our clients’ vision to life. We believe in building a team of world class talent with a focus on diversity, passion and excellence. The office is located in the DMV, but this position is currently remote due to pandemic circumstances. Future plans include flexibility to work from home as we evolve.
Outright is seeking a passionate Senior UX & UI Designer with the experience to translate big ideas into UX products. An expert who can design new visual identities through user-centric problem-solving for digital experiences with wow factor. You will research, test, and design innovative solutions for a range of products, websites, apps and more. Encompassing user experience, interaction design, in-depth research and branding knowledge. You are a creative thinker who is passionate about accessible, inclusive, cutting-edge UX strategy and UI design. You excel at client relationships, presenting your work and design strategy over zoom meetings in a clear, concise, and inspiring manner. You can confidently guide discussions and articulate UX decisions with clients. Your work makes an impact for good.
- Develop best in class and visually impactful UI components and style guides with a design-first mentality.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of UI and UX methodologies that drive success
- Work collaboratively with the Outright team to ensure proposed design concepts align with project goals and client needs
- Participate in the client discovery process through ideation, brainstorms and research
- Lead client focus workshops and discussions
- Play a lead role in concepting, strategy, hands-on UX/UI designing, and problem solving with an elevated creative vision.
- Be able to design/refresh full website experiences from concept to launch, on your own
- Collaborate with developers on functionality, package files for development pass off and QA testing dev sites
- Present work to clients and participate in or lead weekly sprint meetings and shareouts
- Be a go-getter ready for tackling complex feedback from clients
- Drive smart and strategic solutions for data visualizations and informational products.
- Propose thoughtful solutions for identified users informed by research and insight.
- Articulate design strategy with clarity and facilitate discussions internally and externally
- Provide fluency in design best practices across all web platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Be an idea-maker through an expert knowledge of UX/UI trends and possibilities
- 5+ years of professional experience in UX and UI design. Not including internships.
- 7+ combined years experience in a design related field
- Certificate or degree in UI/UX-related course
- Proven experience building competitive analysis, user flowers, personas and focus groups and then apply those learning to visual designs
- Ability to lead a client through a process to understand who their users are and the needs of those users in the context of the project goals.
- A comprehensive portfolio, demonstrating visually stunning UI through UX process and methodology.
- Experience applying user research and data methodologies to inform UI design decisions.
- Collaborative and self-motivated with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong visual/interaction design principles.
- Proficiency is XD/Sketch software, and preparing files for dev handoffs.
- Knowledge of modern design trends and willingness to innovate.
- Use of A/AA compliance and accessibility best practices
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast pace environment
- Relentless attention to detail
- A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn and contribute
- Experience with motion design a plus
- Experience working on data visualizations and information design a plus
- Resumes should include a link to your portfolio.
Outright is an equal opportunity employer.