Full-Stack Web Developer
Development | DC Metro Area | Full Time | From $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 per year
About the job
Outright is seeking developers to work with our growing agency. As a collaborator with the technical team at Outright, you will help us implement award-winning, innovative, and compelling interactive products that help brands stand apart. You have a passion for captivating audiences and working at the intersection of modern digital design and cutting edge technology.You are a self-motivated conceptual thinker and problem solver who can help turn design ideas into reality in new and inspiring ways. You bring elevated technical approaches that are forward-thinking and thoughtful. You are confident working across a spectrum of projects – from the interface to the server and back again. You are excited and eager to play a role in contributing to a growing and talented team.
Our digital practice relies on a team of staff and contract development know-how. Some projects call for a single dev working independently, while others involve bigger teams. So, you might be a good fit for Outright if, regardless of the project, you will:
- Produce innovative, engaging digital work of the highest standard
- Work independently from concept to completion on different types of projects (interface development, content management systems, data visualization, etc.)
- Leverage strong depth of knowledge in development, architecture and UI to create engaging and compelling solutions
- Communicate clearly and thoughtfully with clients
- Translate client strategy, business goals and consumer data into effective technology solutions
- Self-manage daily tasks to ensure projects are moving smoothly, needs are being communicated clearly and deadlines are being met
- Collaborate with other team members across disciplines – design, marketing, project management, etc.
We know no one dev is an expert in everything. A part of working at Outright that excites us (and hopefully, you too) is that our clients need a wide variety of digital products to meet their goals. We combine expertise in several different technical disciplines to make it happen, no matter the solution. So, you might be a good fit for Outright if you have:
- Proven track record in one or more web development disciplines
- Diverse set of dev skills and experiences; experience with data visualization, in-browser animation, and fully custom content management system theming all highly desired
- Comfort with the full stack, including some combination of front- and back-end coding languages and frameworks
- Strong creative thinking ability and a drive to find new ways to solve technical challenges
- Experience implementing high-caliber brand experiences
- Ability to communicate with both internal teams and clients
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well. Ability to balance multiple projects, work effectively and consistently to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, organized and efficient working style
- Collaborative and self-motivated with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset
- Past success working for a large creative or digital agency is a plus
Outright (WeAreOutright.com) is a woman- and minority-owned creative agency that delivers elevated design and dev for modern brands. We believe our edge comes from the composition of our team, a thoughtful blend of creative and strategic thinkers brought together through our desire to create meaningful work. Whether a designer, a developer or a strategist, everyone at Outright is an artist looking to blaze new trails and create inspiring work.We are solutions-driven rather than technology-driven, meaning we find the right dev solution to best execute each creative idea. We love to work with developers who are excited about saying “Yes, and …” and have demonstrated the ability to learn and try new things. We’re not picky about what’s in your dev toolkit, and would love to know what excites you and what has made your work pop.We work with brands and non-profits like YouTube/Google, Share Our Strength, Marriott International, World Resources Institute and Me Too Movement. We challenge ourselves to think boldly and bring our clients’ vision to life. We believe in building a team of world class talent with a focus on diversity, passion and excellence.
Our office is located in the DMV, but we are currently working remotely due to pandemic circumstances.
Interested future team members can apply at: https://hire.jobscore.com/careers/outright1/jobs/full-stack-web-developer-aH_peHC5rbg4rbnf5oBTmK?previewing=true.
Resumes should include links to your portfolio, code repository, and/or examples of your work in some other format.