Director of Visual Design
Visual Design | Gaithersburg, , MD | Full Time
Outright is seeking a Director of Visual Design to join our growing team. As a member of the design team at Outright, you are tasked with creating award-winning, innovative, and compelling visual concepts that help brands stand apart. You have a passion for captivating audiences and harnessing the power of modern print, digital and motion media.
You are a self-motivated conceptual thinker and storyteller who can visualize your ideas in new and inspiring ways. You bring elevated creative vision that is forward-thinking and thoughtful. You are confident working across a spectrum of projects – branding, digital, social, and marketing. You are excited and eager to play a role in shaping a growing and talented team.
- Produce innovative, engaging work of the highest standard
- Drive projects from concept to completion across different mediums (print, digital, events, motion, etc.)
- Leverage strong depth of knowledge in various design, UX, branding, marketing to create engaging and compelling solutions
- Present creative vision and articulate thought process with clients
- Translate client strategy, business goals and consumer data into compelling concepts
- Self-manage daily tasks to ensure projects are moving smoothly, needs are being communicated clearly and deadlines are being met
- Establish appropriate priorities and project timelines
- Collaborate with other team members and mentor junior designers
- Extensive experience in visual and UX design
- Strong knowledge of graphic design, branding, UX design, digital and print design; experience in video, motion design or web development is a plus
- A creative thinker who is always looking for new ways to solve design challenges
- Ability to design for a variety of audiences, brands, and organizations
- Excellence at designing a brand experience across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications
- Experience creating design interfaces for experiences and applications. Data visualization design experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate with both internal teams and clients
- Proven experience working for a large creative or digital agency is a plus
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well. Ability to balance multiple projects, work effectively and consistently to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to articulate and present ideas to clients
- Detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Collaborative and self-motivated with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and XD
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Acrobat and Google Suite
Outright (www.WeAreOutright.com) is a woman and minority-owned creative agency that delivers elevated creative for modern brands. We believe our edge comes from the composition of our team, a thoughtful blend of creative and strategic thinkers brought together through our desire to create meaningful work. Whether a designer, a developer or a strategist, everyone at Outright is an artist looking to blaze new trails and create inspiring work.
We work with brands and non-profits like Share Our Strength, Marriott International, World Resources Institute, Discovery and Vaccinate Your Family. We challenge ourselves to think boldly and bring our clients’ vision to life. We believe in building a team of world class talent with a focus on diversity, passion and excellence. The office is located in the DMV, but this position is currently remote due to pandemic circumstances. Future plans include flexibility to work from home as we evolve.
Interested candidates should include a link to your portfolio.