OptimusDev | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Who We Are
Optimus is a leading professional software outsourcing company with global delivery centres. It’s a company of passionate people that enjoy helping others. We are excited by the projects our customers bring to us. We are fueled by challenge. We love to learn and be a part of new and emerging technologies. As a member of the Optimus team, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment and bring your passion, dedication and creativity each and every day.
Optimus is designed to help global organizations address their information needs. The world of information is changing and so are the methods of managing it. We provide outsourced technology services to mid-sized organizations and software vendors.
The demand for outsourced software services is increasing as organizations seek to increase their efficiency. This trend has been improved through advancements in technology and telecommunications that now allow outsourcing to offer seamless services all over the globe.Learn more about Optimus Information and our growth by visiting our website.
This position is in our Vancouver office. All applicants located outside of Canada or without a valid Canadian working permit will not be considered.
We are looking to hire a Solution Architect to take key roles in a wide variety of projects. Our clients come to us for expertise and advice. We're looking for someone who is passionate about the latest technologies and always willing to go the extra mile.
This role will be quite diverse and work across our departments (software development, QA, BI). This is a great opportunity to get exposure to a wide variety of technologies in a fast paced environment. We have an ambitious entrepreneurial culture yet we work with industry leading clients on advanced technical solutions.
If you're looking to grow with a rapidly booming company, apply now.
Requirements and Skills:
• 10+ years of expert-level knowledge and experience as a software architect, technical designer and strong developer, with experience in multiple languages and technologies
• Degree in Computer Science
• Strong ability to assess complex technical requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Extensive architectural leadership for major online products and/or services, including successful integration of outsourced application development and maturity
• Experience with enterprise-scale Agile development methodologies and their optimization
• Extensive experience with of back-end & front-end production code for large online systems
• Experience with AWS Cloud environment and mobile app development is considered an asset
Attributes and Abilities:
• Consultative presence: capable of communicating regularly and persuasively to broad and diverse groups, including IT experts, executives and finance professionals. Able to persuade others to follow a goal and execute it, influence perceptions, manage and control process, and perform quality control as needed
• Market Awareness: Competitive trends, opportunities. Leverage external expertise. Stay fresh, up-to-date and relevant with new technologies, desirable skill sets, and form opinions on broad topics within technology and internet-focused companies
• Problem solving – You are a natural problem solver. You’re curious about how to best solve problems and have the persistence to follow through.
• Innovative thinking and strong ability to deliver results in product and/or process
• Able to create, define and chose an application framework and a standard way of pursuing application development
• Able to effectively listen, observe and understand the broader system environment
• Able to lead creativity, risk-taking, and continuous improvements in the product development value chain
• Create proof-of-concepts using a variety of technologies
• Work with clients to understand requirements and create solutions.
• Participate in medium term client projects in software development, testing, business intelligence, and mobile application development
• Assist with pre-sales activities such as creating prototypes, architecting solutions, estimating effort/timelines, etc
• Meet with clients to help understand technical challenges and provide