Microsoft BI Architect
OptimusInfo | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Who We Are
Optimus is a leading professional IT software services company with global delivery centres. It’s a company of passionate people that enjoy helping others. We are excited by the projects our customers bring to us. We are fueled by challenge. We love to learn and be a part of new and emerging technologies. As a member of the Optimus team, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment and bring your passion, dedication and creativity each and every day.
Optimus is designed to help global organizations address their information needs. The world of information is changing and so are the methods of managing it. We provide outsourced technology services to mid-sized organizations and software vendors who have different needs than Fortune 500 companies. Optimus is designed to meet their specific needs.
The demand for outsourced technology services is increasing as organizations seek to increase their efficiency. This trend has been improved through advancements in technology and telecommunications that now allow outsourcing to offer seamless services all over the globe.Learn more about Optimus Information and our growth by visiting our website.
This position is in our Vancouver office. All applicants located outside of Canada or without a valid Canadian working permit will not be considered.
We're looking for a Microsoft & SSIS Architect to join our team in Vancouver An ideal candidate will have extensive demonstrable BI experience working with both SSIS and .NET.
- Work with clients to understand business requirements.
- Perform architecture and design
- Transfer knowledge to delivery team
- Manage project from the proposal stage, through development, testing, and delivery.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure high quality coding practices are being followed
- Plan and execute development and testing project plan - generally using an agile methodology
- Coordinate testing exercises with our testing team
- Participate in pre-sales activities including proposals, effort estimation, timelines, and risks
- Collaborate with software development and testing teams
- 7+ years of BI experience, specifically with SSIS, and .NET, spanning architecture & development
- Bachelor's degree in CS/Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, SSIS, .NET
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills