OptimusDev | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Contract
Optimus is a leading professional IT software services company with global delivery centres. It’s a company of passionate people that enjoy helping others. We are excited by the projects our customers bring to us. We are fueled by challenge. We love to learn and be a part of new and emerging technologies. As a member of the Optimus team, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment and bring your passion, dedication and creativity each and every day.
Optimus is designed to help global organizations address their information needs. The world of information is changing and so are the methods of managing it. We provide outsourced technology services to mid-sized organizations and software vendors who have different needs than Fortune 500 companies. Optimus is designed to meet their specific needs.
The demand for outsourced technology services is increasing as organizations seek to increase their efficiency. This trend has been improved through advancements in technology and telecommunications that now allow outsourcing to offer seamless services all over the globe.Learn more about Optimus Information and our growth by visiting our website.
This position is in our Vancouver office. All applicants located outside of Canada or without a valid Canadian working permit will not be considered.
- Contribute to design, develop, and maintain web applications, web services, APIs, integration solutions and other applications
- Analyze, develop, document, unit test, and debug code
- Participate in requirement documentation reviews
- Provide development estimates for defined tasks
- Work with the Configuration Management team to develop build and deployment artifacts
- 5+ years of proven relevant experience
- B.S. degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience with Java, JUnit and J2EE development frameworks such as Spring
- Experience with AWS framework
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol, RESTful web services and modern application servers in a Java environment
- Knowledge of JPA, Hibernate or other ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) framework(s)
- Hands on experience with RDBMS design and implementation
- Knowledge of design patterns and understanding of Good Software Engineering Practices
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as Subversion
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge or experience with mobile application development (Android and/or iOS) preferred
- Familiarity with build managers for Java projects such as Maven would be considered an asset