API/UI Automation Engineer
OptimusInfo | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
This position is in our Vancouver office. All applicants located outside of Canada or without a valid Canadian working permit will not be considered.
We're looking for a API/UI automation engineer for a full time position in Vancouver. An ideal candidate will be passionate about automation engineering and have an intermediate level of experience.
- API testing using SoapUI and Python scripts (test design, scripting & execution)
- Selenium UI testing
- Possibly some Mobile UI testing
- Manual Functional Testing (UI level, mostly)
- Analyze requirements, use cases, design documents etc. in order to derive test scenarios, test cases, and test steps.
- Analyze project documentation and prepare detailed test cases.
- Successfully perform both automated and manual testing
- Deliver clear test scripts to development team to provide validation expectations for performance.
- Perform integration testing
- Authentication and authorization
- Support Ad hoc tests without detailed documentation.
- Interface with both development and business partners in developing the test strategy for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of QA experience.
- Experience with Selenium JIRA, and SOAP UI
- Previous experience with JSON
- Must have strong ability to comprehend requirements and structure corresponding test cases. Requirements on most cases are not structured, we expect your value adds here.
- Experience with authentication and authorization
- Can effectively communicate with developers.
- Experience with Sluggertool and JMeter
- Knowledge of Python and Java code
- ISTQB Software Testing Certification