Vice President of Information Security & Technology
IT | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company that has provided security solutions for enterprises since 2002. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide, OPSWAT prevents data breaches and malware infections by eliminating security risks from data and devices coming into an organization. MetaDefender by OPSWAT is a powerful advanced threat detection and prevention platform, offering data sanitization (CDR), vulnerability assessment, multi-scanning, heuristics, big data, and additional threat protection technologies for a solution that is not solely based on detection. MetaAccess by OPSWAT is a cloud-based access control solution that helps enforce endpoint compliance and prevents contamination of cloud applications by blocking potentially compromised or noncompliant devices from accessing SaaS applications. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
The Vice President Information Technology and Security is a key leader in our Enterprise. This person will scale the IT systems and teams to support company growth. This is a highly visible role that needs to effectively communication both up and down the chain, with the ability to effectively work within cross functional teams across the Enterprise. This person will lead IT and Security, as well as a small Agile team of Business Analysts and Software Developers that are responsible for developing applications, and automating processes across our Company internal implementation. This role will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for IT, Internal Applications and security, as well as road-mapping future technologies to scale with the company. This position directly reports to our CEO and Founder.
What You Will Be Doing
• Manage IT of four remote offices (Hungary, Romania, Vietnam, & Japan)
• Implement and provide feedback on OPSWAT products in the internal IT systems
• Responsible for the implementation and high-availability operation of all technology infrastructure deployed for internal uses including network, servers, cloud services, telephony, audio and video conferencing, user support/help desk, workstation management, storage and related software.
• Serve as the company’s Information Security Officer. Develop an information security roadmap that aligns with strategic business goals and objectives. Own and maintain our Information Security Policy and Procedures.
• Technical and strategic leadership for corporate infrastructure - technology architecture, network, security, server and cloud services (primarily AWS).
• Recruit, develop and motivate a high-performing cohesive team.
• Responsible for end user support SLA’s.
• Negotiate and oversee key vendor management and contract negotiations.
• Develop enterprise standards, project management methodology and disaster recovery plans that remain relevant with growth.
• Direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation in complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and security activities.
• Communicate at all levels of organization, building successful partnerships with key business stakeholders and partners.
• Collaborate with Finance & Accounting on IT spending and budget planning
• Manage a small software engineering team following Agile methodologies.
What We Need From You
• Minimum 10 years’ experience managing IT organizations, preferably at companies with enterprise software products.
• Experience managing corporate and product security, including cybersecurity incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity management, identity and access management, information privacy, security operations center management and security architecture.
• Knowledge of and experience with Agile Methodologies and software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated experience scaling IT organizations through typical growth stages.
• Experience with Cloud architecture (Amazon AWS, NetSuite, CRM, and On-premise to SaaS integrations).
• Extensive experience in managing Cloud-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions such as Amazon Web Services and Google Suite.
• Demonstrated experience of managing within closely monitored OpEx/CapEx budgets.
• Demonstrated understanding of statutory and regulatory compliance models and specifications such as SOC 2, ISO, etc. Security Certifications (CISSP, GSEC, CCSP, GIAS, CEH or OCSP, etc) are desirable.
• Broad technical knowledge and experience in current IT and Security technologies and the ability to explain them to non-technical business partners.
• Ability to empower teams (“Multiplier”)
• Experience in creating value with technical development, career progression and training
• BS/BA in computer science or equivalent experience
• Exhibit strong technical leadership experience, including the ability to effect change and motivate.
• Work with software, system and network engineers at a technical level to design flexible, scalable, and secure systems and processes.
• Proactively identifying issues and show good judgment in recommending solutions to others.
• Show high-energy leadership and effective delegation, with willingness to deep dive when required to achieve results or demonstrate effective behavior.
• Strong conceptual technical abilities including IT/Software development and architectural skills.
• Comfortable working across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate high level of personal accountability and “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations and deliver on schedule.
• Creative, entrepreneurial approach to technology possibilities with experience in a start-up, fast-growth, rapid-change environment.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Cyber-Security experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.