Technical/Application Support Engineer
Customer Success | Tampa, FL | Full Time
OPSWAT is looking for an energetic and client-orientated Technical/Application Support Engineer (TASE) to join our Customer Success Support team. The TASE manages customer issues to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily. They provide the proper information to give the OPSWAT product team insight into underlying issues and customer experiences. The TASE is also involved in other activities such as technical assistance to the Sales team, helping customers integrate OSPWAT products, test and assess new products and product releases, and other special projects. This position also acts as a Support Account Manager, acting as a voice for a client within our team and ensuring their overall success and satisfaction with our products. This is a hands-on technical role working in a critical infrastructure world.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and resolve customer issues with OPSWAT Products with an understanding of overall network design and how OPSWAT products integrate into a client’s architecture
- Conduct onboarding and integration assistance on new client installs
- Review queues of open tickets and ensure each ticket is being handled appropriately and promptly and that your tickets are appropriately documented and complete
- Research issues, including trying to recreate the customer issue, as required
- Escalate issues/involve with the development team as required
- Provide phone support and chat support as required
- Continuously improve technical knowledge of OPSWAT products
- Engage in occasional Professional Services projects as SMEs as directed.
What We Need from You
- Windows Server
- Linux Server (CentOS)
- General virtualization Knowledge
- Understanding of overall network architecture
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Troubleshoot technical support requests received via phone, email, or support portal.
- Resolve in a timely manner tier-3/4 application issues and escalate bugs to development.
- Working Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software
- Ability to learn and master OPSWAT software
- Complex problem solving
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Assist in the deployment of tools and in the implementation of processes to assist in operational support
- Assist in responding to application-related queries from end-users in remote locations
- Perform knowledge transfers to tier-1 and training end-users on the usage of applications
- Assist in the development and in the updating of software applications related documentation, including technical documentation and system reports, attend operational and other meetings, and perform other duties, as required.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Experience with other security products - AV, AntiMalware, etc.
- Knowledge of Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, Bash)
- Understanding the functionality of REST API
- Knowledge of Firewalls, Switches, NAS, Routers, the differences between L2 and L3
- Knowledge of Radius server, LDAP, and other directory services
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.