Solution Engineer (Remote - Northeast US)
Customer Support | East Coast Sales Office | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of Metadefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is searching for a technically strong, industry-informed, customer-oriented Solution Engineer (aka Sales Engineer or SE) to work with our Enterprise and Federal Sales Managers covering the US eastern regions. The SE is tasked with helping prospective customers and partners understand in detail how OPSWAT solutions can meet their security requirements and with helping OPSWAT improve the customer experience both pre- and post- sales. The ideal candidate will have previous SE experience being part of a motivated sales team, implement Solution Engineering best practice, and focusing on cyber-security technology.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the technical activity on opportunities to sell and deploy our Metadefender product line to prospects and customers
- Train and certify resellers and partners
- Provide ongoing demo-environment support
- Support trade show and customer event activities
- Support implementations and installs as needed to successfully satisfy customer requirements
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 3 years of networking, enterprise software engineering, or technical sales experience– we want someone who can quickly grasp the technology and contribute immediately
- A Bachelor of Science Degree
- Ability to travel as necessary to customer sites, partner sites, OPSWAT offices, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and non-verbal; in-person, over conferencing technology, and by phone
- Comfort presenting complex concepts and demonstrating intricate products to customers
- An interest to seek out, identify, and resolve customer pain points
- Experience installing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in Windows and Linux environments
- A self-service oriented mentality towards professional growth: Self-motivation, self-direction, and self-learning
- Curiosity about our technology and expanding our space within the market
- Experience with and continued interest in corporate networking concepts, security technologies, and the security threat landscape
- An explanation as to why you think Metadefender could be useful to potential customers (to be included in your cover letter)
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Knowledge of Sandbox and anti-malware products and markets
- A background in corporate IT, DevOps, and/or software development
- A technical understanding software development and software integration through APIs
- Experience training end customers and resellers
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.