S/W Engineering | Tampa, FL | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global leader in critical infrastructure cybersecurity that helps protect the world’s mission-critical organizations from malware and zero-day attacks. To minimize the risk of compromise, OPSWAT Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) solutions enable both public and private organizations to implement processes that ensure the secure transfer of files and devices to and from critical networks. In total, 98% of U.S. nuclear power facilities and more than 1,400 organizations worldwide spanning Financial Services, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation Systems trust OPSWAT to secure their files and devices; ensure compliance with industry and government-driven policies and regulations, and to protect their reputations, finances, employees and relationships from cyber-driven disruption. For more information, visit www.opswat.com and follow @opswat on social media.
The Position: Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer as part of a product group focusing on Cross-Domain Security (A quick video to demonstrate the use cases). This line of business has double-digit growth YoY with customer adoption in all regions across many essential sectors of critical infrastructure such as Energy, Government & Defense, Manufacturing, Transportation etc. This is an exciting opportunity to help us re-engineer the market leading product from the ground up and move the product for hyper growth. If you are a knowledgeable, creative, passionate individual who is interested in designing and building unique security software that no one else is building, then we want you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working with document database systems (MongoDB, etc)
- Working with relational database systems (SQLite, Postgres, etc)
- Participate in the overall architecture and component design for the new framework
- Contribute to test automation frameworks and achieve test driven development
- Work with local and remote engineering teams to deliver quarterly goals
What We Need from You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3 + years of experience in back-end development
- 2 + years’ experience developing in C++
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing software applications targeting Linux based or other embedded platforms from low level drivers, embedded logic and data processing and GUIs
- Skilled in test automation or eager to learn how to eliminate boring manual tasks
- Good English skills (reading and writing technical documents)
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience with REST API and SDK integration
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with virtualization, VMWare, Docker, or similar
- Full stack experience; front-end, back-end, databases
- Enterprise application development experience.
- Previous experience in CyberSecurity or Critical Infrastructure Protection