Senior Technical Support Engineer
Customer Support | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender and MetaAccess solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is now searching for Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. The Senior Technical Support Engineer manages customer issues to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily. He or she also works to mentor and lead others on the support team, to improve customer support processes, to maintain strong customer satisfaction, and to influence the product roadmap. As a member of a small and dynamic company, he or she also gets involved in other activities such as technical assistance to the Sales team, helping customers integrate OSPWAT products, helping to test and assess new products and product releases, and other special projects. We are looking for an energetic and motivated person who likes interacting with customers, tinkering with software, learning about new technologies, and “doing what it takes” to contribute to OPSWAT’s quick growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Resolving customer issues (which are often technical issues) rapidly and comprehensively, making sure to meet published SLAs;
- Working closely with technically oriented customers (typical customers are engineers and IT personnel);
- Maintaining strong customer relationships through:
- Regularly scheduled conference calls to review open issues
- Occasional in-person meetings
- Timely and reassuring updates to tickets on open issues
- Improving issue management processes within the company;
- Coordinating activity between Support, R&D, Product Management, and other departments;
- Mentoring and assisting the support team, both locally and in remote offices;
- Gaining expertise (both functional and limited technical) in the OPSWAT products;
- Managing and contributing to light technical one-off projects.
Your Skills and Experience
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of experience providing customer support of technical software products;
- 1+ years managing, leading or mentoring other support analysts;
- Technical familiarity with Windows operating systems, including familiarity with the CLI, registry, system services and processes, event logs, product install mechanisms, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Linux, with an interest to expand that knowledge;
- Strong spoken and written English language skills;
- Presentation skills (be able to describe things and convey ideas to others in an easy way);
- A proven customer-oriented attitude, including the ability to work with difficult and/or frustrated customers;
- A passion for solving problems and making customers happy;
- Ability to think logically, analyze logs and troubleshoot computer software and IT related issues;
- Strong organizational skills.
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Familiarity with computer programing.
- Technical familiarity with Mac OS.
- Cyber security domain experience, including file security, device security, network security and etc.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Meaningful work with passionate colleagues;
- International working enviroment in global leading cyber security product company;
- Attractive compensation, regular assessments and salary reviews;
- 13-month bonus & performance bonus;
- 100% salary, full insurances on probationary period;
- Extra-health care program (PVI) for employee and family members;
- 15 to 20+ paid day off per year;
- Attractive benefits for team activities (team building, team outing, sport, trade union activities);
- Nice open office on the top of a building in District 3 with full of accessories for active recreation, sport, fruits, coffee and tea.
- Chances of work assignments/ business trips to OPSWAT global offices in US and Europe