Senior Software Engineering Manager
S/W Engineering | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
Senior Software Engineering Manager
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to prevent, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out of their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineering Manager who will work directly with the company’s executive team, report to our VP of Products, to deliver amazing products for our customers. This role will define, drive, and deliver new capabilities for Security Center which will be the central component to connect and manage all other OPSWAT products including Kiosk, ICAP, Email and etc. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and self-starter who can drive execution and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. This leadership role needs to be highly experienced in working with customer to deliver meaningful features, highly respect product usability, quality and supportability, can and be willing to take responsibilities in issues and provide fast reactions. The candidate will work with multiple teams while delivering on aggressive deadlines. We are looking for candidates that are able to demonstrate vision and strategy, well-honed consumer product judgment and a high bar for design quality.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Work with Product Management team to define and deliver a rapidly scaling product base on priorities from operational and strategic levels
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risk
- Empowering the delivery team to self-organize
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success. Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Implement and lead the career path development for team members
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams as well as customer-facing teams, ensuring that products satisfy customers' needs and are highly adopted.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process across different engineering teams from different offices. Work with VP of Engineering to implement best practice and lead efforts of all stages of the SDLC
What We Need from You:
- 8+ years’ experience leading a technology focused organization, software development experience is preferred
- Proven track record working with global development, Product Management and support organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to mentor engineers and help them arrive at the optimal solution
- Experience with REST API utilization and SDK integration
- Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Full stack software engineering experience; front-end, back-end, databases
- Experience with microservice development
- Solid understanding of interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of certain cloud service / platforms
- Experience with Performance Engineering
- Cyber security domain experience, including file security, device security, network security and etc.
- Ability to travel internationally