Sales Manager (Remote - Tokyo, Japan)
Direct Sales | Tokyo, Japan | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of Metadefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
The Sales Manager is a significant driver of Company revenue and growth. This is a hands-on and customer facing role responsible for prospecting target accounts, as well as nurturing and growing our existing customer base. Your responsibilities will include the development and implementation of strategic account plans targeting deployments of our Metadefender Security platform. You will build the right relationships inside a target account, know how to leverage your company resources to the fullest, and negotiate and close business. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience as a member of a corporate sales team and a career track record of exceeding multi-million-dollar sales quotas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Strategically hunt for new business opportunities that leverage high value use cases, in key verticals
- Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics to sell OPSWAT products, solutions, and services to exceed your sales targets
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Utilize client-centric, solutions-oriented selling strategies and hunter’s mentality to identify, qualify, convert enterprise sales
- Effectively articulate financial ROI/TCO value, and build value throughout the negotiation process
- Identify, recruit and build deep relationships with key channel partners, and collaborate on joint selling efforts
- Maintain extensive account and opportunity detail in Salesforce CRM, including account win plans, customer touch points, sales inhibitors, etc.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the local regulations
- Work closely with our marketing team to organize events, and represent our company at conferences
- Forecast and report revenue projections to management and deliver a predictable pipeline to drive forecast accuracy
- Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly
What We Need From You
- You have a minimum of 5 years successfully selling technology products to business
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- You’ve been successful selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers
- You understand what drives a reseller and can contribute to their success
- You’re persuasive, and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills. You can effectively communicate with both technology-oriented and senior business executives at the “C” level, and are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the Metadefender platform.
- You have the ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, and achieve success with minimal oversight in a sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- You keep your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management
- You possess, at minimum, a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, and security tools.
- You have excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- You’re highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding sales goals
- You’re a Japanese citizen, and fluent in Japanese
- You’re highly ethical and professional personal conduct
- Travel required, for strategic customer meetings, throughout Japan, and once per quarter to our San Francisco headquarters office
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Background in security software
- Know-how on Japanese regulations, laws and compliance
- Involvement in the local tech environment
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.