Payroll and Order Operations Manager
Accounting | Tampa, FL | Full Time
Payroll & Order Operations Manager
OPSWAT is a global leader in critical infrastructure cybersecurity that helps protect the world’s mission-critical organizations from malware and zero-day attacks. To minimize the risk of compromise, OPSWAT Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) solutions enable both public and private organizations to implement processes that ensure the secure transfer of files and devices to and from critical networks. In total, 98% of U.S. nuclear power facilities and more than 1,400 organizations worldwide spanning Financial Services, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation Systems trust OPSWAT to secure their files and devices; ensure compliance with industry and government-driven policies and regulations, and to protect their reputations, finances, employees and relationships from cyber-driven disruption. For more information, visit www.opswat.com and follow @opswat on social media.
We are looking for a Payroll and Order Operations Manager to oversee OPSWAT's payroll functions and daily workflow of sales order operations in our Tampa office. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and manage staff in order operations.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide financial leadership in Tampa office
- Design, maintain and manage payroll system and process to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws while also ensuring that system and process is meeting desired internal business needs.
- Manage Order Operations to ensure all sales orders are processed within 24 hours
- Oversee the processing of a monthly, multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full time and part time employees and, a monthly payroll for international contractors
- Prepare journal entries in NetSuite, reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Assist with preparation of annual 1099’s and Payroll Taxes
- Explore a self-service Payroll system to drive digital transformation
- Streamline month-end Payroll close process
- Work with Corporate Controller to establish KPIs for Payroll and order operations.
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with multi-state payroll and extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Experience with an HRIS system
- Working knowledge of relevant federal and state wage and hour laws
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Desire to help develop accounting policies, procedures, and team culture
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Experience with order operations a plus
- Experience working with virtual teams
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is a strong "plus"
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes. Submit your application for this position at JobScore.