Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of Metadefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is seeking a Marketing Copywriter to support our blogging, email marketing, general web marketing, social media marketing, and overall content marketing (e-books, case studies and whitepapers) initiatives. This role will be responsible for capturing the voice of our brand, and helping us to translate cybersecurity industry information into compelling, concise, and effective copy across various content formats.
While not a full- fledged product marketing position, this role will involve learning features and benefits and ensuring content can delve into basic pain-based messaging and templatized product positioning. In this regard, this copywriting position is a hybrid content and product marketing writing role.
This person will be able to condense messaging into succinct communications, effectively converting often complex, technical information into easy-to-access and digest copy. The ideal candidate is a superb copywriter and copyeditor with a deep understanding of the principles and practices of content, web, social media, and email marketing.
What You Will Be Doing
- Email marketing, web, social media, and digital ad copywriting - additional support for some marketing event assets may also be required
- Bonus: take first cuts at sales enablement materials that and whitepapers as you learn the OPSWAT market
- Assist in brainstorming, developing, drafting, and proofreading creative writing solutions that provide a consistent and compelling message about our company and technology
- Tailor written material for diverse audiences and a variety of channels
- Edit content provided by other sources, and adapt and repurpose as needed
- Utilize existing knowledge and experience, while also implementing innovative ideas for raising the effectiveness of our current and future marketing communications
What We Need From You
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or related field required
- Engineering backgrounds that have shown a proficiency for writing will also be considered
- Five to 10 years of experience in a writing capacity role
- Those with experience with startups, hospitality, advertising, digital marketing agencies, newspaper/press are highly encouraged to apply
- Experience in the high-tech/cybersecurity industry is desirable, but not required - experience or curiosity in cyber security is required
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills are required for this position - please be prepared to share samples of your work and partake in sample re-messaging exercises during interviews
- Ability to utilize strong project management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong editorial skills and thought processes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, planning, project, and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive, able to work independently as well as with a team
- Manages confidentiality without exception; demonstrates outstanding judgment and discretion
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Cybersecurity experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.