Lead Web Designer/Art Director
S/W Engineering | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
We are looking for a strong Lead Designer that will inspire our team, lead web direction, contribute designs, manage the process of bringing big change to our design projects.
You will be capable of working with Development teams to bring big ideas to life; starting with the designs you create, to the discussions you have with leadership, your role is to make our designs better across the web and graphic projects.
The companies Brand Guide will be your guiding document, but there are new challenges that haven’t been done, you will need to be able to display vision, be able to act fast, react to feedback and maintain focus on the goal.
As the Lead Designer, you will be representing the Design Team in discussions, your passion for High-Quality Design will shine through and influence others.
We are a global design team and a global company so working closely with other offices is required to be successful. This role starts with a website, and graphic design projects but can grow to include marketing channels including social media, acquisition campaigns, promotions across webinars, training, and partner programs.
This role is for an experienced designer looking to step up and contribute to the design and design management in our Vietnam office. We might have a small local team, but our impact is large and with you – even larger
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage the design of new pages across our website
- Manage and modify existing pages to align with new styles
- Create measurable plans for website enhancement
- Design and manage diagrams across all our products
- Work with local team member both from Development and Design teams
- Maintain an understanding of the Brand and its goals
- Inspire the local team of designers, providing direction, setting the bar for the quality of the work, and inspiring design culture
- Influence product strategy, in collaboration with your partner team Leads
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, and Marketing and speak to the product strategy, research, design goals, and tactical execution
- Participate in design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables to improve the process, operations, and tools
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design of the OPSWAT website
- Create and refine the modules that are the website building blocks
- Improve the usability of the website
- Collaborate with our product development and engineering teams to produce stunning, effective pages, including diagrams, animations, and videos.
- Provide the design and user experience POV for responsive design
What We Need from You:
- 6+ years of relevant design experience in web design, 2+ years in people management
- Strong hands-on design ability
- Ability to switch between sketching, wireframe, and full designs and know when to use which
- Experience designing for large websites and understanding the challenges of large websites
- Experience with design for social media, landing pages, email (EDM)
- A diverse portfolio of work, personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team (if relevant)
- Experience making high-level goals tangible, to help teams solve the right problem, with the right experience design
- Strong English language skills
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Experience in testing platforms – A/B testing for web pages, landing pages, and email campaigns
- An ability to think for yourself
- Willingness to be both an effective individual contributor and inspiring manager
- Versatility across product and brand design
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over the scope
- Hunger to build a product that will be a stand out within the company and industry
- Near-native English writing abilities
- General cybersecurity knowledge.
- Understanding of project management processes.
- Understanding of Jira / Confluence ticketing systems.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Meaningful work with passionate colleagues;
- The international working environment in global leading cybersecurity product company;
- Attractive compensation, regular assessments, and salary reviews;
- 13-month bonus & performance bonus;
- 100% salary, full insurances on probationary period;
- Extra-health care program (PVI) for employee and family members;
- 15 to 20+ paid day off per year;
- Attractive benefits for team activities (team building, team outing, sport, trade union activities);
- Nice open office on the top of a building in District 3 with full of accessories for active recreation, sport, fruits, coffee, and tea.
- Chances of work assignments/ business trips to OPSWAT global offices in US and Europe