Java Software Engineer
S/W Engineering | Tampa, FL | Full Time
We are looking for a hands-on Java software engineer to join our growing Secure Access Product Engineering Team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a talented team building and re-engineering OPSWAT's security products. If you are a knowledgeable, creative, passionate individual who is interested in designing and building unique security solutions that no one else is building, then we want you!
What You Will Be Doing
• Design, develop, implement, and test OPSWAT's MetaAccess security products
• Provide inputs and documentation of new or existing features
• Partner with your scrum team members on delivering sprint commitments
• Work with local and remote engineering teams to deliver on quarterly goals
• Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements
• Participate in receiving and giving peer code reviews
What We Need from You
• 2+ years hands on use of Java
• Linux or Windows development experience
• Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills in multi-threaded applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with a proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
It Would Be Nice If You Had
• Experience with REST API utilization and SDK integration
• Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, TeamCity
• Experience with virtualization, VMWare, Docker, or similar
• Experience with Agile / Scrum working environment
OPSWAT is a global leader in critical infrastructure cybersecurity that helps protect the world's mission-critical organizations from malware and zero-day attacks. To minimize the risk of compromise, OPSWAT Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) solutions enable both public and private organizations to implement processes that ensure the secure transfer of files and devices to and from critical networks. In total, 98% of U.S. nuclear power facilities and more than 1,000 organizations worldwide spanning Financial Services, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation Systems trust OPSWAT to secure their files and devices; ensure compliance with industry and government-driven policies and regulations, and to protect their reputations, finances, employees, and relationships from cyber-driven disruption. For more information, visit www.opswat.com.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.