Executive | Beer Sheva | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of Metadefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
We are looking for an experienced General Counsel to set the vision and leadership of global legal strategy and services at OPSWAT, and the management of risk throughout the organization. Working closely with OPSWAT executive leadership and our board of directors, you’ll help build the business and future of our company. You'll also help OPSWAT navigate and creatively solve legal and risk issues as we grow in revenue, headcount, product lines, office locations and complexity.
What You Will Be Doing
- Active executive on leadership team to help manage global business expansion and growth
- Provide risk management advice to executive team members on a diverse set of issues, including data privacy, marketing, human resource management, product development, financing, mergers & acquisitions and engagements with customers, suppliers and partners.
- Manage and expand company's IP portfolio in collaboration with product development and marketing
- Monitor and respond to regulatory changes where we do business
- Lead and scale the internal legal team; review and refine operational processes followed by the team and by internal clients seeking to utilize team resources.
- Select and manage outside counsel, including international legal firms, where needed
- Lead all aspects of commercial contracts and technology transactions, including working with Sales/Finance on contractual Ts & Cs and revenue recognition critieria.
- Partner with business development, sales and operations teams to help structure, negotiate and document B2B relationships with partners, customers and suppliers
- Attend meetings of company's Board of Directors
- Develop and manage financial budget for global legal activities
What We Need From You
- Strong academic credentials and J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Current member in good standing of a state bar, preferably California or Florida
- 8+ years of experience leading the legal function and team as GC or DGC at a technology company having external investors represented on the board of directors, preferably in SaaS, cloud, software, cybersecurity, etc.
- Exercise outstanding judgment, legal reasoning, risk assessment, and business insight
- Experience as leader of a legal professional team, with proven ability to build and grow legal talent
- Ability to provide effective advice in the context of business objectives and to execute in a fast-moving culture
- Ability to calibrate risk to support innovation while appropriately protecting the company
- Skilled to optimally represent the company externally with customers, suppliers, partners and regulators and to develop creative, well-reasoned and analyzed solutions satisfying both business and legal interests
- Have partnered with all levels and cross-functional partners, from executives and Board members to engineers
- Strong communication skills, high emotional intelligence quotient (EQ), and a team orientation
It Would Be Nice If You
- live near Beer Sheva, Israel
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website.