S/W Engineering | Timisoara, Timis, Romania | Full Time
OPSWAT is a San Francisco based software company that provides solutions to secure and manage IT infrastructure. Founded in 2002, OPSWAT delivers solutions that provide manageability of endpoints and networks, and that help organizations protect against zero day attacks by using multiple antivirus engine scanning and file filtering. OPSWAT’s intuitive applications and comprehensive development kits are deployed by SMB, enterprise and OEM customers to more than 100 million endpoints worldwide. To learn more about OPSWAT’s innovative and unique solutions, please visit www.opswat.com.
The job starts in the frontend, were the request starts, and goes to the backend, and all the way down to the database.
You will be working on a product that serves millions of people, and with a database of hundreds of millions of files, all of which require 99.99% uptime.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in the design and development of client-server applications using rich web services and APIs.
- Adding new features to the platform
- Optimizing current codebase
What We Need From You
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Experience with a MVC framework like Angular or React
- Experience with NodeJS
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience developing applications within SOA and or Microservices
- Ability to wear multiple hats and support the engineering team as needed.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with high traffic sites
- Experience with gulp / grunt
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, or Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with Amazon or other cloud provider
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.