Financial Planner and Analyst
Operations/HR/Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a key member of the Finance organization. The mission of FP&A is to enable strategic executive and Board-level as well as tactical decision making for the company through financial modeling, fact-based analyses and interpretation of key business and financial trends. FP&A is the analytical backbone of the company and provide strategic insights in planning the future growth and strategy of the company from a financial point of view while serving as the interface between Finance and the rest of business.
This individual will serve as the Finance business partner for functional organizations as well as contribute to overall Corporate Finance planning and reporting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Help with the Company’s financial planning process, including annual budgeting as well as analyzing plan versus actual variances
- Develop a monthly rolling forecast to closely monitor OPSWAT’s financial outcome
- Develop and maintain a SaaS financial model to monitor key SaaS metrics including ARR, customer churn, gross and net retention, CAC and the magic ratio.
- Assist in preparation of Board presentations, investor reporting, industry/peer group benchmarking and reviewing M&A opportunities
- Work with the accounting team to drive contribution margin reporting by solution
- Create monthly close packages for executives, focusing on key trends and variances
- Manage budgeting and forecasting for key functional departments
- Regularly engage with business partners to understand risks and opportunities against plans and forecasts - Understand key business drivers and trends for functional departments and provide insights on improving efficiency
- Create department level reporting to help track and manage spending and headcount decisions
- Responsible for investor and bank reporting packages.
What We Need From You:
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis
- A deep understanding SaaS business model and key SaaS metrics
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated with a sense of urgency
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to identify business challenges, structure recommendations and provide insights to enable high-level strategic vision
- An ability to collaborate constructively with, and influence, business partners and finance colleagues
- 8+ years finance experience at a leading technology (preferably SaaS) company
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar planning tools
- Top-notch analytical skills and familiar with BI tools such as Microsoft BI and Tableau
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- MBA, CPA, and CFA