Federal Sales Manager (Remote – Washington D.C.)
Direct Sales | Washington, DC | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of Metadefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is looking for an experienced sales leader to manage our U.S. Federal Sales business and work collaboratively with other OPSWAT functional team leads. This position will be based remotely in the Washington D.C. metro area. Your responsibilities will include the development and implementation of strategic account plans targeting deployments of our Metadefender Security platform. You will build the right relationships inside a target account, know how to leverage your company resources to the fullest, and negotiate and close new business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own the face-to-face interaction with the customer and lead all federal customer interactions with support from an inside sales representative
- Deliver a strong customer centric experience with a strong understanding of security trends and federal budgeting priorities
- Build lasting customer and channel partner relationships in which you have the ability to influence key decisions by becoming a thought leader and trusted advisor in cyber security for government
- Focus on new business and new logo acquisition along with retention/development of existing customers
- Exhibit comfort in a cross-functional role that involves working as a team with internal company resources, as well as, channel partners
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Utilize client-centric, solutions-oriented selling strategies and hunter’s mentality to identify, qualify, convert enterprise sales
- Effectively articulate financial ROI/TCO value, and build value throughout the negotiation process
- Maintain extensive account and opportunity detail in Salesforce CRM, including account win plans, customer touch points, sales inhibitors, etc.
- Forecast and report revenue projections to management and deliver a predictable pipeline to drive forecast accuracy
- Overachieve on annual quota, measured quarterly
What We Need From You:
- 5 years of direct sales experience and 3+ years selling to federal customers
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Must be familiar with the federal procurement process and contract vehicles
- Bring a rolodex of potential new customers
- Demonstrable history of making and exceeding quota with Federal accounts
- Secret clearance or higher is a major plus
- You keep your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management
- You have excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- You’re highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding sales goals
- Highly ethical and professional personal conduct.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.