Director of Marketing
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cyber security company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
As OPSWAT’s Director of Marketing, you will manage all functions of marketing at the company, amplifying and building our brand through impactful GTM initiatives. You will drive efforts to execute engaging and value-generating experiences and programs. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that includes a strong operational management component.
You will be expected to have world-class, metric-centric project and people management skills, empowering your small team to meet and exceed objectives. OPSWAT’s ideal candidate is passionate about strategically transforming programs and processes from the ground-up. This career opportunity lends the potential to yield tangible high-impact to the organization.
You will thrive in this role by rapidly ramping up to understanding our position within the cybersecurity industry as well as our CEO. You will spend your first couple of months at the company learning how the CEO perceives the cybersecurity market and couple that knowledge with your own expertise and foresight to spearhead adjustments that fast-track ROI on marketing initiatives. You will act as an advisor to our CEO and must exhibit exceptional consultation skills.
- Lead the Corporate, Product, Events, and Digital Marketing teams at OPSWAT operationally in achieving their goals
- Develop traditional and online marketing messaging and communication pieces designed to capture target prospects and customer interest, influencing action
- Oversee end-to-end program strategy and be responsible for leading internal teams to execute; roll up your sleeves and assist where necessary
- Work closely and collaboratively with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Sales to manage the design, creation, and execution of integrated demand generation campaigns for prospects and customers
- Oversee campaigns, to ensure that they are executed on time, including scheduling, design, production, and distribution
- Establish a metrics-driven marketing culture
- Optimize lead qualification for sales through lead scoring, and track follow-through of leads to ensure lead handoff process is current, documented, communicated to sales and is effectively being implemented
- Produce regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis focused on achieving bookings goals, pipeline, leads, engagement, conversion, ROI, and other metrics to assess demand generation program effectiveness. Present results clearly to executive management
- Oversee technology solutions utilized within Marketing to stay up-to-date with current trends and utilization
- Help to define strategies for reaching new buyers in new markets
- Partner with sales leaders and account teams to ensure that programs are aligned with relevant company goals
- Recruit thought leaders from inside and outside of OPSWAT to support and participate in programs
- Develop metrics to measure and communicate success (or reassessment) of marketing efforts
- Monitor marketing deliverables adherence to brand guidelines
What We Need From You
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, or related discipline required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Marketing or Product Marketing for an enterprise software provider with a proven track record for demand generation, customer acquisition, and customer retention
- Functional competency in corporate or digital marketing
- Proven experience managing the complete lifecycle of complex multi-channel campaigns and ability to provide examples of past efforts and results
- Demonstrated experience with both CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce.com) and marketing automation platforms (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo, Eloqua or equivalent) is a must
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be metrics-driven with experience in developing marketing operations metrics and dashboards to inform stakeholders of overall marketing performance
- Experience with reporting, measuring and analyzing all metrics associated with campaign-specific efforts
- Experience with building metrics-driven business cases to optimally allocate marketing budgets for reinvestment into past efforts vs. expanding into new programs/campaigns
- Successful track record in managing fast-growth enterprises, setting marketing goals and objectives, and meeting those targets
- Masterful ability to:
- Understand our technology and market to the extent needed to take marketing programs to new heights
- Oversee the creation of messaging that accurately tells our story
- Consider market, as well as, company positioning and goals when building strategies and supporting plans and content
- Use your expertise to distill vague and dynamic directives in order to produce world class deliverables. This should be easy for you to do because you will understand our market and business needs as well as the CEO.
· Proven ability to build high-performing teams with low turnover. You must be a topnotch people manager who empowers employees to consistently deliver high-quality work.
· Resourcefulness in staffing teams with employees and firms that can support an array of marketing functions
- You assume ownership and take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must have a growth mindset and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- A confident, driven, and dynamic leader
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Cybersecurity experience
- Hands-on working knowledge of Google AdWords and/or Craft CMS
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls or faxes.