Legal | Tampa, FL | Full Time
We are seeking a qualified commercial counsel to work out of our Tampa office in support of our sales, business development, product, and finance teams. This position will report to OPSWAT’s General Counsel.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Draft and negotiate a variety of software, technology and commercial contracts, including software license agreements, partner agreements, reseller and OEM agreements
- Continuously review our portfolio of form agreements and, based on collaboration with internal stakeholders and management, draft updates in order to mitigate legal risks and improve business models
- Assist with other legal operations, including contract management
- Provide timely and practical legal advice to the company’s business leaders, including proactively identifying recurring issues and providing advice and counsel to the company's senior leaders on complex issues having impact on the company
- Keep abreast of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact software licenses and commercial agreements
What We Need From You:
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- 5-10 years corporate and/or commercial experience at a law firm, in-house, or a combination thereof
- Experience with privacy laws, including maintaining privacy compliance
- Excellent negotiation skills, business judgment, and the ability to make decisions and give practical, actionable advice
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment
- Organized, process-driven and internal client-focused team player
- Prior experience with software licensing agreements, SaaS, subscription-based and OEM agreements
- Knowledge of the cyber-security market is an advantage
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law in the State of Florida
OPSWAT is a global leader in critical infrastructure cybersecurity that helps protect the world's mission-critical organizations from malware and zero-day attacks. To minimize the risk of compromise, OPSWAT Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) solutions enable both public and private organizations to implement processes that ensure the secure transfer of files and devices to and from critical networks. In total, 98% of U.S. nuclear power facilities and more than 1,000 organizations worldwide spanning Financial Services, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation Systems trust OPSWAT to secure their files and devices; ensure compliance with industry and government-driven policies and regulations, and to protect their reputations, finances, employees, and relationships from cyber-driven disruption. For more information, visit www.opswat.com.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.