Business Finance and BI
Operations/HR/Finance | Tampa, FL | Full Time
This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a key member of the Finance organization. The mission of the Business Finance and BI Analyst is to enable strategic executive and Board-level as well as tactical decision making for the company through financial modeling, fact-based analyses and interpretation of key business and financial trends. The individual will be the analytical backbone of the company and provide strategic insights in planning the future growth and strategy of the company from a financial point of view while serving as the interface between Finance and the rest of business.
This individual will serve as the Finance business partner for functional organizations as well as contribute to overall Corporate Finance planning and reporting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop and maintain a SaaS financial model to monitor key SaaS metrics including ARR, customer churn, gross and net retention, CAC and the magic ratio.
- Data architect for automating reporting and to provide financial insights by leveraging BI tools such as Power IT.
- Help with the Company’s financial planning process, including annual budgeting as well as analyzing plan versus actual variances
- Develop a monthly rolling forecast to closely monitor OPSWAT’s financial outcome
- Assist in preparation of Board presentations, investor reporting, industry/peer group benchmarking and reviewing M&A opportunities
- Work with the accounting team to drive contribution margin reporting by solution
- Create monthly close packages for executives, focusing on key trends and variances
- Regularly engage with business partners to understand risks and opportunities against plans and forecasts - Understand key business drivers and trends for functional departments and provide insights on improving efficiency
- Create department level reporting to help track and manage spending and headcount decisions
- Responsible for investor and bank reporting packages.
What We Need From You:
- 8+ years finance experience at a leading technology (preferably SaaS) company
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis
- A deep understanding of SaaS business model and key SaaS metrics
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated with a sense of urgency
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to identify business challenges, structure recommendations and provide insights to enable high-level strategic vision
- An ability to collaborate constructively with, and influence, business partners and finance colleagues
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art BI tools
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar planning tools
- Top-notch analytical skills and familiar with BI tools such as Microsoft BI and Tableau
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA, and CFA highly preferred
OPSWAT is a global leader in critical infrastructure cybersecurity that helps protect the world's mission-critical organizations from malware and zero-day attacks. To minimize the risk of compromise, OPSWAT Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) solutions enable both public and private organizations to implement processes that ensure the secure transfer of files and devices to and from critical networks. In total, 98% of U.S. nuclear power facilities and more than 1,000 organizations worldwide spanning Financial Services, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation Systems trust OPSWAT to secure their files and devices; ensure compliance with industry and government-driven policies and regulations, and to protect their reputations, finances, employees, and relationships from cyber-driven disruption. For more information, visit www.opswat.com.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.