Associate Support Engineer
Customer Success | Tampa, FL | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cybersecurity company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out of their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines, and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is looking for an energetic and client-oriented Associate Support Engineer (ASE) to join our Customer Success Support team in a junior role. ASE oversees the installation and maintenance of OPSWAT products. Their duties include optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures. The AASE manages customer issues with OPSWAT’s applications to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
What You Will Be Doing
- Associate Support Engineer needs a working understanding of multiple IT domains and have the ability to grow and strengthen their knowledge in these areas.
- Manage and resolve customer issues with OPSWAT Products and gain an understanding of how OPSWAT products integrate into a client’s architecture.
- Participates in testing and installing new software releases and application system upgrades.
- Review queues of open tickets and ensure each ticket is being handled appropriately.
- Works with internal and external infrastructure teams and vendors to resolve hardware and software issues, including escalations.
- Work with application developers and the internal infrastructure team to troubleshoot applications.
- Participate in engineering and configuring technical solutions for applications, systems implementations, and upgrades.
- Provide phone support and chat support as required.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge of OPSWAT products.
- Coordinate with engineering and QA teams to administer code migrations in production.
- This is a position where you need a little knowledge to begin with, and we are going to mature you into a well-rounded IT engineer.
What We Need from You
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent discipline.
- 1 - 2 years of technical support experience
- Previous MSP employment a plus.
- Experience in Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Windows, and MAC
- Experience with some network and virtualization.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Experience with Cybersecurity products
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.
OPSWAT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants, free of discrimination and harassment of any type. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements, and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.