Associate Application Support Engineer
Customer Success | Tampa, FL | Full Time
OPSWAT is a global cybersecurity company providing solutions for enterprises since 2002 to identify, detect, and remediate advanced security threats from data and devices coming into and out of their networks. Trusted by over 1,000 organizations worldwide for this secure data flow, OPSWAT prevents advanced security threats across multiple channels of file transfer and data flow with flexible options of MetaDefender solutions and API-based development and threat intelligence platforms. With over 30 anti-malware engines, 100+ data sanitization engines, and more than 25 technology integration partners, OPSWAT is a pioneer and leader in data sanitization (Content Disarm and Reconstruction), vulnerability detection, multi-scanning, device compliance, and cloud access control. To learn more about OPSWAT, please visit www.OPSWAT.com.
OPSWAT is looking for an energetic and client-oriented Associate Application Support Engineer (AASE) to join our Customer Success Support team in a junior role. AASE oversees the installation and maintenance of OPSWAT products. Their duties include optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures. The AASE manages customer issues with OPSWAT’s applications to ensure that they are resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
What You Will Be Doing
- Associate Application Support Engineer needs a working knowledge of database management, different operating systems, and various programming languages.
- Manage and resolve customer issues with OPSWAT Products with a fundamental understanding of network design and how OPSWAT products integrate into a client’s architecture.
- Participates in testing and installing new software releases and application system upgrades.
- Review queues of open tickets and ensure each ticket is being handled appropriately.
- Works with internal and external infrastructure teams and vendors to resolve hardware and software issues, including escalations.
- Work with application developers and internal infrastructure team to troubleshoot applications.
- Participate in engineering and configuring technical solutions for applications, systems implementations, and upgrades.
- Provide phone support and chat support as required.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge of OPSWAT products.
- Coordinate with engineering and QA teams to administer code migrations in production.
- Engage in occasional Professional Services projects as SMEs as directed.
What We Need from You
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent discipline.
- 1 - 2 years of development and technical support experience
- 1 - 2 years of technology design, architecture, infrastructure experience, or related experience.
- Experience in Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Windows and MAC
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging advanced SQL queries.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting development and production environments.
- Coding/Scripting skills (Bash, PowerShell, DevOps experience, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of overall network architecture
- Understanding the functionality of REST API
- Familiarity with Git/Bitbucket and Atlassian tools a plus
It Would Be Nice If You Had
- Experience with Cybersecurity products
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure services.
- Ansible, RunDeck, Playbooks, etc.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us via JobScore. Special consideration will be given to those candidates whose cover letter indicates that they have viewed our website. Please, no drop-ins, calls, or faxes.