Accounting | Tampa, FL | Full Time
The Senior Accountant will perform a wide variety of accounting duties including preparing, maintaining and reconciling financial transactions and reports for corporate ledgers, assist with the monthly accounting close process, assist with external audits and have significant interaction with cross functional teams. The position will work closely with the Controller to streamline processes, and institute best practices. This will be an exciting new role with opportunities to take on additional responsibly as the Company continues to grow. This position will report to the Controller.
The ideal candidate will be heavily deadline driven, have strong attention to detail, and will build and foster relationships inside and outside the organization. The candidate will be an energetic, motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach. This person will be results-oriented and able to excel in a fast-paced environment that requires one to be able to adjust to shifting priorities and accomplish multiple tasks.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assists with month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet/cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation for corporate / consolidated ledgers.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial packages and submit timely to the Controller for review and approval to finalize reporting within the proper time frame.
- Significant amount of ownership around development and documentation of internal policies and process
- Compile and process time-sensitive analysis during monthly close.
- Reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts, records, reports and journals.
- Responsible for maintaining as well as designing and implementing change improvements for the accounting function.
- Perform special financial analysis and research records as directed.
- Perform process improvement/automation tasks on a consistent basis.
- Review GAAP statements when needed to ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules for external auditors as needed.
- Work with other departments to assist and solve problems / issues.
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting and/or audit roles
- Desire to own processes and actively engage in process improvement efforts with input from team members
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Self-starter with little supervision needed
- Ability to adapt to change and solve problems
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles/ability to research
- Proactively engage in process improvement/automation
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively compose business correspondence and other related materials
- Organized, detail oriented, and exceptional time management skills are required
- A desire to learn and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Netsuite system