Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are looking for an Accounting Manager who is excited to roll-up their sleeves and develop processes that will scale with our growth. A successful leader in this role is someone who can work independently but also enjoys working cross functionally with business, operations and technical colleagues to develop scalable billing, revenue recognition and collections processes. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this may be the role for you!
This position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations. This position will also be responsible for managing the bank reconciliation, month-end close, audit, implementing internal controls. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. This candidate must have a strong background in ASC 606/SaaS Revenue Recognition and be system savvy.
- Responsible for monitoring and proper accounting of deferred revenue, sales commissions, and royalty accruals.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource to help implement new accounting pronouncements (ASC 606 and ASC 842) as well as assess the accounting impact on the current reporting and disclosures
- Liaise with key members of sales, operations and legal to collaborate on accounting implications of non-standard revenue transactions in this rapidly evolving software industry and document accounting treatment of such transactions
- Manage policies and procedures related to revenue recognition and monthly close and reporting processes
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations AP, AR, collection, bank reconciliation, and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Other special projects around Finance / Revenue streamlining for our global business!
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Big 4 & SaaS experience a plus
- Must have shown the ability to perform independent accounting research and documentation of accounting issues
- Strong sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability. A do-whatever-it takes attitude to get the job done!
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Must bring a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives