Product | New York, NY | Full Time
This role works closely with the OpenSlate Data Science team as well as our Content Insights & Intelligence team to ensure that our products adhere to OpenSlate’s standards for brand safety and suitability. He or she will leverage their past expertise working with advertising clients to help us ensure that the OpenSlate standards are cutting edge. This role will focus on refining and evolving these standards within the US market as well as expansion into international markets. This role will also act as an internal subject matter expert on our products to other parts of the organization, providing advice, training, documentation, and support when needed. The Product Manager, Content Standards reports to the Head of Product, Content Standards & Data.
OpenSlate analyzes over 600M videos and 4M creators, spanning YouTube, Facebook and TikTok daily. Our data measures content quality, subject matter, brand safety and suitability. Our applications enable the world's biggest brands to align with social content that works best for each of their unique needs. We are the leading analytics company in the video ecosystem and provide all major media agencies with programmatic solutions. OpenSlate is regularly featured as a definitive source of safety and suitability in the Wall Street Journal, Ad Age, Digiday, AdExchanger and other digital media industry publications.
- Work with the Head of Product and Product Manager to manage and maintain our standards for brand safety, suitability and content alignment.
- Manage an ongoing process of evaluating OpenSlate’s content standards and ensuring the alignment of OpenSlate’s models to those standards.
- Collaborate with internal OpenSlate stakeholders as well as external clients to understand client sensitivities and preferences.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to prioritize, define, test and provide feedback on new and revised models and resulting data.
- Ensure that our documentation for human review is up to date and partner with the Content Insights & Intelligence team on content moderation training
- Work with local in-market experts to understand regional content sensitives and adapt our standards to reflect these cultural norms
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure training and sales materials are up to date based on OpenSlate’s latest technology and products.
- Act in an advisory capacity to other internal teams that need to work with our products and data.
- Work with the broader product and engineering team to provide guidance and feedback on new and updated OpenSlate applications.
- 5 to 6 years of experience in a client-facing digital media position as well as some experience in ad tech.
- An expert in social video and the digital video ad space.
- Analytical and Strategic thinker. The ideal candidate must be able to look at large sets of data and pull out trends, commonality in results, etc.
- Ability to manipulate data sets through advanced excel skills and/or query a database through basic programming knowledge such as SQL.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize based on client needs as well as internal feedback.
- Ability to speak multiple languages or experience working abroad is a plus but not essential. Countries of most relevance include Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, France and India