Product | New York, NY | Full Time
OpenSlate is currently hiring a Senior Product Designer to help us shape the direction of our growing product line. By joining our Product team, you'll have the opportunity to apply your talent for user-interface design and data visualization to tell compelling stories with OpenSlate's vast and ever-expanding social media data set. You'll be at the forefront of the exciting new field of brand safety, working with the largest social media platforms in the world.
OpenSlate analyzes billions of data points every day to help the world's largest advertisers find the best video content on social media platforms. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll play a key role in helping us pair advertising dollars with quality, brand safe video programming on YouTube and other social media platforms. You will work closely with OpenSlate's Product Management team on all phases of the product design process, including:
- Product ideation
- UI flows
- Rapid prototyping
- Interface design
- Design testing and validation
You will also collaborate with our data science and engineering teams to realize your product designs and iterate where needed to satisfy technical and performance requirements.
- Design and build high-fidelity prototypes in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Develop style guides and best practices for product design
- Create visual language and branding systems for online applications
- Apply analytics and user testing to justify design decisions
- Mentor junior design staff and collaborate with designers in other areas of the company
- Direct design contractors as needed
*Key qualifications include*
- You have a solid grasp of prevailing web technologies, and understand their implications for application design
- You are familiar and proficient with tools for diagramming, prototyping and interface design (e.g. Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, or equivalent).
- You are comfortable creating and co-creating product design artifacts (e.g. UI flows, and wireframes) and understand the appropriate uses for each.
- You are familiar with UX design best practices and patterns enabling you to objectively evaluate designs and provide well-justified recommendations
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about data visualization and infographics
- You are confident presenting work to peers, organization leaders and clients
- You are comfortable planning and facilitating collaborative design sessions
- You have experience designing responsive layouts for mobile and desktop platforms
*Ideal candidates will also have*
- 7+ years experience designing web-based applications for desktop and mobile form factors
- Familiarity with Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools and techniques for crafting high-fidelity prototypes
- Prior experience with Ad Tech, analytics or similar data-intensive domains