Product Development | Portland, OR
We are looking for a few good people to help us rock the boat in the eLearning industry with a brand new service. We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate with a variety of technologies in an exciting start-up environment.
Working in our Extreme Programming / Agile software development team, you will utilize test driven development, paired programming, and a host of other practices to develop a game changing application for the elearning industry.
If you are a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and track record for delivering excellent results that thrill your customers and teammates, then we may have an opportunity for you... however, we are unusually selective about who we ask to join our team.
- Produce software that our customers love
- Design, develop, code, test, document and support our game-changing application for the elearning Industry
- Participate in the full design lifecycle, from requirements gathering to paper prototypes and wireframes to coding and deployment
- Work closely with designers, customers, and product managers on new features and refining existing experience
Our start-up environment requires an imaginative thinker with the ability to work independently on simultaneous projects and the ability to collaborate effectively with other team members.
We do not hire based on specific buzzwords, technologies, or popular acronyms on your resumes. Today we use Drupal, C#, Visual Studio, PHP, MySQL, Compass, SASS, etc. Tomorrow we may use something else. Whatever technologies, languages, or software programs you have learned, we expect you have mastered them in depth. In addition, we expect you to master any new technologies that may be brought onboard in the future.
- Your friends and co-workers describe you as a programming genius and fantastic team player
- Highly adaptable
- Possess a people oriented, friendly can do attitude
- Experience with the Drupal 7 platform
- You love the XP Concepts: Paired Programming, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Your programming ability is way above average as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects and completion of at least one programming course or mastery of one language
- A desire to constantly develop new skills
- Permanent legal right to work within the United States
- Bachelors’ degree
- Competitive salary for start-up company
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Matching dollars for professional development courses and activities
- Health insurance with alternative care options