Sales Development Representative
Sales | San Francisco, CA
About the company
OpenDNS is building new pieces of fundamental infrastructure for the Internet. We provide an exciting and fulfilling work environment, unmatched opportunity for professional growth, and excellent compensation. We are a startup funded by Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners with a growing team working full-time at our fantastic offices in San Francisco (a block away from Caltrain and SF Muni) and have been operating a profitable business since 2007. Together we want to see a better and safer Internet for end-users around the world in enterprises and households alike.
About the position
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities for the OpenDNS sales team. The SDR manages the inbound lead activity in their territory, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts through phone and email contact. Successful SDRs will be eligible for promotion to Account Executive within a year.
Duties and responsibilities
- Qualify and respond to inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop additional leads.
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Update lead and prospect activity in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management.
- Self-starter, team player, high energy, reliable.
- Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening and writing skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office).
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus but not require.
Benefits of working at OpenDNS
- Innovative -- We aren't a social networking or Web 2.0 photosharing site. We work on core Internet protocols and make them better.
- No ladders to climb -- We keep a relatively flat corporate structure that promotes fast movement and flexible teams.
- Meritocracy -- The best ideas win, regardless of where they come from.
- Time off to relax -- As a startup, we work our butts off. That's why it's important to get away to clear your mind from time to time. Three weeks and 10 company holidays make that easy.
- Technologists -- We are a company of engineers and technologists passionate about delivering a better Internet.
- Offsites -- It takes getting away for a day every quarter to focus on where we want to be as a company and how we're going to get there.
- No timecards -- We have a few weekly team meetings, but other than that delivering results counts for a lot more than sitting in your chair.
- Food -- Hard work makes you hungry. We keep a well-stocked kitchen with everything from cereal to ice cream.
- Frosty beverages -- Fridays often end with some nice frosty brewed beverages and good conversations.
- Breakfast by the Founder/CEO -- The early bird gets the worm, or in our case waffles on most Wednesdays, served by our Founder/CEO.
- Insurance -- We've got you covered from your head to your toes. Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) -- We're set up to help our team members practice responsible fiscal management.