Inside Account Executive
Business Development | San Francisco, CA
About the Company
OpenDNS is building new pieces of fundamental infrastructure for the Internet. We provide an exciting and fulfilling work environment and unmatched opportunity for professional growth and excellent compensation. We are a startup funded by Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners and Minor Ventures with a growing team working full-time at our fantastic offices in San Francisco and have been operating a profitable business since 2007. Together we want to see a better and safer Internet for end-users around the world in enterprises and households alike.
OpenDNS is looking for seasoned, high-energy, and driven Inside Account Executives with strong knowledge and experience in selling Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and products. These individuals will play a pivotal role in the rapidly expanding sales team to help grow and shape the OpenDNS business. We are looking for top performers who can hit the ground running and become productive quickly. This is part of a ground-floor opportunity in a financially stable and rapidly growing company backed by top venture capital investors Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, and Minor Ventures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and respond to and qualify incoming web and phone leads/inquiries regarding OpenDNS's product offering.
- Own, manage, and drive the full sales cycles from first contact through contract negotiation/close (some account management) while ensuring happy and referenceable customers.
- Pre-qualify leads through detailed customer needs analysis, product overview, and potential solution fit. Understand strengths and weaknesses of competitors' products to properly position and convey OpenDNS's value proposition.
- Properly document and track all pertinent sales and customer information related to the opportunity and account in salesforce.com. Identify next steps required and manage process to close.
- Identify potential road blocks in deals and escalate to appropriate team members.
- Work closely with a Sales Engineer, VP of Sales, and engineering team in forecasting and allocating resources for new prospect requests and requirements.
- Forecast sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in weekly sales meeting.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record of exceeding quotas and sales expectations
- Experience and proven skills in selling from SMB to large enterprise accounts
- Excellent verbal (via telephone) and written (via email) communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Technical sales capabilities which support selling to network operation managers and administrators and network security mangers and directors, balanced with tactical skills for a fast-paced, high volume lead follow-up environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative team environment
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal direction
- Ability to effectively close business while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of technology inside sales with proven history of success closing business via phone. Bonus points for previous experience with subscription software and/or services.
- Knowledge of networking and security products
- Experience working with salesforce.com. Bonus points for being an expert!
- Driven / High Energy / Positive Attitude / Customer Focused / Self Starter
Benefits of working at OpenDNS
- Innovative -- We aren't a social networking or Web 2.0 photosharing site. We work on core Internet protocols and make them better.
- No ladders to climb -- We keep a relatively flat corporate structure that promotes fast movement and flexible teams.
- Meritocracy -- The best ideas win, regardless of where they come from.
- Time off to relax -- As a startup, we work our butts off. That's why it's important to get away to clear your mind from time to time. Three weeks and 10 company holidays make that easy.
- Technologists -- We are a company of engineers and technologists passionate about delivering a better Internet.
- Offsites -- It takes getting away for a day every quarter to focus on where we want to be as a company and how we're going to get there.
- No timecards -- We have a few weekly team meetings, but other than that delivering results counts for a lot more than sitting in your chair.
- Food -- Hard work makes you hungry. We keep a well-stocked kitchen with everything from cereal to ice cream.
- Frosty beverages -- Fridays often end with some nice frosty brewed beverages and good conversations.
- Breakfast by the Founder/CEO -- The early bird gets the worm, or in our case waffles on most Wednesdays, served by our Founder/CEO.
- Insurance -- We've got you covered from your head to your toes. Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401K -- We're set up to help our team members practice responsible fiscal management.