Customer Support Lead
Support | San Francisco, CA
About The Company
OpenDNS is building new pieces of fundamental infrastructure for the internet and having a great time doing what we are passionate about. We provide an exciting and fulfilling work environment, unmatched opportunity for professional growth, and excellent compensation. We are well funded by Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners. We are still a small team working full time at our fantastic offices in San Francisco (which provides tons of bandwidth and comfort). We are supported and advised by well-respected and well-known technologists who excel in their field. Together we want to see a better and safer internet for end-users and consumers. We look forward to talking with you.
About The Position
OpenDNS is looking for an experienced Customer Support Lead to join our growing Support Team. At OpenDNS, Customer Support is marketing. Helping our customers is the best way to add value to our brand and you are our ambassador in this mission. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing medium-stage startup where you will be able to offer first-rate customer service for an established product used and loved by tens of millions around the world. You will act as the customer’s champion ensuring that OpenDNS provides them with the best possible experience. This position is geared toward individuals who are able to:
- Monitor the help desk queue
- Respond to user support requests
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Research issues while informing end users of status
- Escalate issues to Tier II and Tier III support, as needed
- Create end user documentation and recommend procedure changes to proactively reduce number of help desk requests
- Multitask efficiently
- Work under pressure
- Problem solve accurately, creatively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Work well in a team environment
- 1-5 years relevant work experience.
- A love for helping customers and delivering satisfaction.
- Strong written communications skills. You will be asked to do a writing sample (typed on a laptop) during the interview.
- Superior customer service skills – Customer Focused.
- A desire to expand your skills, move into new areas.
- A college degree from an accredited four-year university.
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent technical experience preferred.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- Strong team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
Benefits Of Working At OpenDNS
- Innovative -- We aren't a social networking or Web 2.0 photosharing site. We work on core Internet protocols and make them better.
- No ladders to climb -- We keep a relatively flat corporate structure that promotes fast movement and flexible teams.
- Meritocracy -- The best ideas win, regardless of where they come from.
- Time off to relax -- As a startup, we work our butts off. That's why it's important to get away to clear your mind from time to time. Three weeks and 10 company holidays make that easy.
- Technologists -- We are a company of engineers and technologists passionate about delivering a better Internet.
- Offsites -- It takes getting away for a day every quarter to focus on where we want to be as a company and how we're going to get there.
- No timecards -- We have a few weekly team meetings, but other than that delivering results counts for a lot more than sitting in your chair.
- Food -- Hard work makes you hungry. We keep a well-stocked kitchen with everything from cereal to ice cream.
- Frosty beverages -- Fridays often end with some nice frosty brewed beverages and good conversations.
- Breakfast by the Founder/CEO -- The early bird gets the worm, or in our case waffles on most Wednesdays, served by our Founder/CEO.
- Insurance -- We've got you covered from your head to your toes. Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) -- We're set up to help our team members practice responsible fiscal management.
Please email with questions if you've got 'em. Thanks!
Note: There are multiple positions available -- this is for full time work only -- no contractors or recruiters. Salary is commensurate with experience!