Senior Software Engineer
IT | Boston, MA | Full Time
OneSky Flight is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about innovation to help us build engaging and intelligent applications. We support the technology needs of four established private jet brands; Flexjet, Flight Options, Sentient Jet, and PrivateFly. We are constantly updating our suite of applications and are adding to the team to enable us to do even more.
Have you always wanted to work for an innovative company that has the agility of a startup but has decades of experience as an industry leader within a fast-paced and growing industry like private aviation?
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a Senior Software engineer, you would be responsible for developing new features and optimizing existing features in our suite of operations applications.
• You will develop code that is efficient, smart and impactful. Our operations systems are core to our business. Your work will be highly visible.
• Make decisions on best UI practices for optimal online experiences.
• Learn about the private jet / fractional jet industry and develop creative new features to enhance the capabilities of our operations and owner services teams.
- Proven experience as a development lead of a team on large scale projects
- Extensive experience with multiple of the following: AngularJS, Node.js, C#, .NET
- Experience developing against database technologies
- Expert understanding of enterprise-class system concepts (Deployment, Performance, Scalability, Availability, and Security)
- Experience implementing Cloud and/or Hybrid-Cloud solutions. Preferably AWS.
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- Ability to review and understand business requirements
- Ability to review and create technical design documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Microservices architecture experience a plus, not required
- ORM’s like Sequelize, and Liquibase experience a plus, not required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field OR Relevant work experience
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Set and meet deadlines