Sr. Manager / Associate Director, Patient Access & Reimbursement
Distribution & Access | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The role of the Patient Access & Services Manager is to support the design, launch, and operational management of the patient support programs for Oncopeptides’s first expected cancer therapy to come to market. This essential role is responsible for managing the interface and operations of the patient services HUB, and all patient access and support services. This includes the patient support call center, reimbursement services, financial assistance, long-term compliance and persistency support, and other key services for patients, caregivers and providers. Another key component of the role includes supporting the creation of metrics and analyzing results of these various services. The role also includes assisting with data integration projects and working closely with sales and marketing to develop pull-through strategies and tactics for the various customer segments within US Market Access.
This Position is based in Waltham, MA
Domestic travel up to 30%
- Support the design, build-out and operationalization of the patient access and support services for Oncopeptides’s first commercially available oncology product.
- Work closely with the commercial leadership team to implement overall strategy, objectives and key performance indicators for patient access & support services, and payer marketing.
- Develop/maintain specific SOPs, process flows, key reports, and benchmarking for patient access & support programs.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day relationship, operations, and performance of highly customer-focused HUB / patient access call center (including call-center support, copay card, free drug and on-going support, etc).
- Analyze and assess patient programs; prepare reports, and recommend decisions based on key metrics.
- Partner with trade & distribution and sales operations to monitor and measure HUB performance targets for speed, efficiency, and quality in support of best-in-class patient services.
- Assist with data integration between HUB, Specialty Distributors (SDs), Specialty Pharmacies (SPs), 3PL, 3rd party data aggregator and internal customer-relationship management data warehouse.
- Work closely with sales operations to deliver actionable call center and prescription data to field sales staff.
- Provide appropriate access and call center support/education for sales & sales management teams and providers.
- Manage Month-end & Quarter-end reconciliation; including cross functional partnership with finance, supply chain, & data aggregation partner(s).
- Provide competitive intelligence regarding marketplace access programs and services.
- Drive the design, implementation, and management of continued patient service program enhancements.
- Partner with Marketing Team to align on Brand Strategic Imperatives, drive Brand awareness generation and value proposition.
- Develop and deploy payer marketing materials and patient support marketing tools and materials.
- Prioritize a demanding workload, work cross-functionally, and evaluate enhanced services to meet current and future needs.
- Stay up to date and fully compliant with corporate compliance and regulations in a rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
- Partner with Oncopeptides PharmacoVigilance and Quality Assurance to ensure full drug safety compliance of partners (assist in drafting of protocols, training, monitoring, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, or experience with a patient services provider or specialty pharmacy.
- Experience working in specialty disease area, oncology/orphan experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and/or management of patient access services programs, specialty pharmacy distribution, payers, and patient assistance programs.
- Track record of successfully managing vendor relationships. Strong financial acumen and analytic skills.
- Experience in launching new products or indications.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage to timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Desired pharmaceutical field or field management or field reimbursement experience.
- Willingness to travel – 30% expected
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulatory framework applicable to interactions with HCPs, payers, advocacy and other business partners.