Sr. Director/Director of Business Operations (Commercial Ops)
Commercial Ops | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company committed to developing targeted therapies for patients facing hard-to-treat hematological diseases. Oncopeptides has one U.S. FDA approved product, PEPAXTO® (melphalan flufenamide), known during clinical development as melflufen. PEPAXTO is approved for patients with triple-class refractory multiple myeloma and was evaluated in several clinical studies including the pivotal Phase 2 HORIZON study and is currently being evaluated in the confirmatory Phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden, with a U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to Boston, Oncopeptides has a footprint in Los Altos, California, another U.S. biotech hub. PEPAXTO® is a trademark of Oncopeptides AB (publ).
The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Sr. Director/Director of Business Operations (Commercial Operations) will develop and implement all aspects of sales/commercial operations and medical affairs support to execute decision-making on sales force, market access and marketing strategies and increase effectiveness of sales, marketing, marketing operations, market research and sales operation functions. This position will lead efforts on data aggregation of Oncopeptides and 3rd party data, data warehousing for insight generation for finance, marketing, sales, and medical affairs as well as ensuring accurate and timely data feeds management/field reporting.
This position is based in Waltham, MA
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the data integration process for sales, distribution, patient hub data and other third party data and other sources of data critical for Oncopeptides operational needs.
- Manage the data warehouse and channels of inbound and outbound information for sales force operation as well as to meet finance, regulatory and compliance needs.
- Provide reliable and accurate analyses & reports to various functions to support account, physician and opportunity valuation and targeting, marketing initiatives, production planning.
- Provide analytic support to sales operations for deployment and sales alignments, incentive compensation modeling and tracking reporting.
- Proactively recommend innovative improvements to sales and executive reports, model systems and standardized templates to ensure usability for customers; frequently seek feedback and suggestions from customers and stakeholders to further define and enhance reporting systems and processes.
- Support product launch and POAs with multiple work streams, especially on the aspects of targeting, alignment, database management, reporting and new hire training.
- Provide dashboards for senior management & executives, including support for earnings calls, business reviews, contract performance, market share and erosion analysis, etc.
- Develop and implement training content for sales analytics owned reports & processes to sales force.
- Lead ROI/budgeting analyses such as modeling of Incentive Compensation plans, promotional mix utilization and optimization and analysis of different marketing programs.
- Research, analyze and resolve problems related to reporting and analytics raised by sales management and sales reps.
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Operations and Marketing to develop and implement analytics to support commercial efforts and simplify the selling and sales management processes.
- Manage ongoing business relationships with team members, data vendors and consultants.
- Manage employee(s) in support of the above activities.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or a related field. A master’s degree (MBA) strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in Sales Operations or Business Analytics/Intelligence within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend qualitative and quantitative methods to perform accurate analysis.
- Experience managing data aggregation and data warehouse, sales data and relationships with data providers, sales partners, and vendors
- Experience with pharmaceutical CRM/SFA systems.
- Ability to creatively think about different problems and devise pragmatic solutions to develop data into actionable information.
- Ability to work well with others and properly manage work with counterparts
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus.
- Exceptional persuasive written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Willingness to present the facts and put forth hypothesis in the face of differing opinions.
- Ability to build a logical story flow.
- Ability to adjust to changing needs within the organization and flexibility to change priorities as needed
- Intellectually curious to research pertinent information to further inform/educate the commercial team.
- Demonstrated values-based skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel up to 15% required, including weekends
- Strong computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint skills and database manipulation.
- Ability to consolidate and present key findings to relevant parties.
Driven by the Oncopeptides Values
- Science driven
- Patient focused