Finance & IT | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate Melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
● A collaborative energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
● A diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
● Dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
● A work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
● Above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to help build the Oncopeptides US finance and accounting functions. S/he will be responsible for the month-end close and financial reporting processes with a particular focus on product revenue, gross-to-net accounting and inventory. The Senior Accountant will also participate in ongoing financial systems and controls enhancements, coordinate financial audits, and provide regular reporting to management and the Oncopeptides AB accounting team.
The successful candidate will have experience in a growing finance organization within the bio-pharmaceutical industry. S/he will possess strong leadership and communication skills.
This position will report to the US Corporate Controller and will be located in the Waltham, MA office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform commercialization/product launch accounting including revenue recognition.
· Serve as primary point of contact for the Commercial and Supply Chain groups, coordinating all month-end close and financial reporting activities and providing management with accounting support as needed.
· Ensure all revenue and inventory financial reporting procedures are performed timely and coordinated with the company’s third-party logistics provider.
· Support the government pricing process and the development of key assumptions used to estimate gross-to-net accruals each reporting period.
· Ensure the finance organization delivers timely financials in accordance with GAAP/IFRS.
· Ensure Oncopeptides has adequate, documented internal controls for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
· Manage quarter-end close timelines in coordination with the Controller and ensure all parent company requirements are met.
· Perform accounting research as needed and review potential accounting alternatives with the Controller.
· Manage the audit process, including maintaining relationships with auditors and external advisors.
· Respond to reports issued by external auditors or internal auditors including the implementation of recommendations, as appropriate.
· Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements.
· Interact with key stakeholders including executive management, external auditors, parent company finance leaders
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
· 4+ years of progressive experience in finance and accounting functions.
· Experience in the life sciences industry preferably a mix of large and small company environments.
· Exposure to the financial operations and reporting of a commercial biopharmaceutical company.
· Familiarity with the compliance requirements of a public company.
· Detailed knowledge of the SOX Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and an ability to drive the Company’s compliance with all relevant accounting and certification requirements.
· Strong technical acumen and well versed in U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS.
· Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and, in a cross-functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding, and cooperation.
· Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinker who possesses a “can do” and “whatever it takes”
· attitude coupled with excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Hands-on approach with meticulous attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
· Track record of collaboration and stakeholder relationship management.
· Fluency with standard computer software packages and ERP systems preferably NetSuite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
· Accounting systems include NetSuite
· Experience working cross functionally with various stakeholders and functions
· Proficiency in identifying and solving problems while thinking outside the box
· Hands-on and capable of interacting with all levels of management and employees
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Organized and ability to independently prioritize and multitask