Payroll and T&E Manager
Finance & IT | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate Melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
We are looking for a Payroll and T&E Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for the payroll processing and Travel & Entertainment (T&E) expenses processing functions. This position ensures coworkers are paid correctly and timely, employment taxes are withheld and processed according to regulations, enforcement of T&E Policy, and T&E reports are processed timely.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the payroll processing function for the entire Company, ensuring payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner. This includes accurate employment taxes, employee benefits, and federal/state-imposed withholdings, stock earnings reporting, accurate match of 401(k) contributions, tracking of PTO.
- Subject matter expert (SME) on payroll-related issues and questions.
- Ensures coworkers are paid in compliance with FLSA pay rules.
- Works effectively with the HR Team on creating/maintaining effective interfaces between the New Hire Onboarding tool, HRIS system, 401K administrator system and payroll system
- Complete other payroll duties/tasks as needed.
- Manages the T&E Expense Reports processing function, ensuring expense reports are audited in a timely manner and that expenses adhere to the T&E Policy. Administrator of the expense reporting online reimbursement system Concur.
- Provide Travel and Expense reporting customer service and support to internal departments
- Subject matter expert (SME) on T&E related issues and questions. Provide solutions to user problems in a timely manner to ensure high user satisfaction and productivity.
- Act as liaison along with the Compliance department ensuring Aggregate Spend Reporting requirements are being adhered to in the submission of HCP related expenditures.
- Generate monthly expense export/import and upload to accounting system.
- Responsible for GL reconciliation of the Company’s Corporate Credit Card and Purchasing clearing accounts.
- Work along with the IT Business Partner to develop and maintain Concur system improvements
- Assist with audit requests, including providing copies of expense reports as required and answering any T&E questions as they arise.
- Ensure that T&E process and procedure documentation and user documentation, training guides are properly maintained and that updates are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal reporting requirements Primary liaison to Company preferred travel agency.
- Support Accounts Payable team with processing invoices, when needed
- Oversees the Corporate Card Program. Maintains the Corporate Credit Card relationship and payment process.
- Oversees the Travel Program. Maintains the Travel Management relationship.
- Challenges status quo and continuously improve the Payroll and T&E Processes.
- Maintains composure when dealing with agitated internal customers and/or under time constraints. Has the ability to handle last minute decisions or changes with poise and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Management, Accounting or equivalent
- Certified Payroll Professional
- 5+ years of recent experience with payroll software systems (preferably ADP)
- 3+ years of managing payroll function
- Experience in managing T&E function. Required minimum 3+ years of extensive knowledge and working experience in Concur/Travel online expense reporting
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Some experience with ERP systems
- ADP and Concur