Oncology Nurse Educator - North Central
Medical Affairs | Field Based - Omaha | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA/Bay Area, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) is an integral member of the Medical Affairs team and serves as a resource to internal and external customers. The ONE will function as a subject matter expert and engage healthcare providers to ensure the safe and appropriate utilization of Oncopeptides (OP) products. The ONE collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify educational needs, implement plans to fulfill knowledge gaps and to ensure a safe and positive customer experience with OP clinical trials and products. The ONE will also establish and maintain relationships with healthcare providers, local and regional advocacy organizations, and societies as appropriate. The ONE will perform all educational initiatives in a manner consistent with best practices, applicable laws, regulations, & SOPs.
This position is field based in the North Central region of the U.S. Will consider candidates in or near Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; or Des Moines, IA
Domestic travel up to 60%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide education to Health Care Providers on the appropriate use of Oncopeptides products and clinical trial protocols within an assigned geographical area.
- Monitor, collect and communicate customer insights on Oncopeptides Clinical Development Program and products, and treatment landscape
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the development process of melphalan flufenamide and other Oncopeptides products, clinical protocols, and related procedures.
- Maintain clinical expertise of multiple myeloma and other applicable disease states, and their treatment landscape
- Conduct peer-to-peer educational programs through 1:1 HCP and group presentations, partner with National, Regional, and local nursing organizations to support education or relevant disease state, product information, and safety.
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with advanced practice providers in the loco-regional oncology community.
- Attend and support relevant medical and nursing conferences and meetings on the national, regional, and local level
- Attend and support patient advocacy events. When appropriate the ONE will provide education and information to patients through patient advocacy and support groups, which may include relevant disease state and on-label patient information to support disease knowledge, product information and safety.
- Create, maintain, and share strategic territory plans
- Follow-up with key accounts and customers to assess unmet education and clinical needs as it relates to successful utilization of OP products.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Serve as a clinical resource to internal colleagues by providing ongoing product & disease state education.
- Assist with creation of resources & processes to support “ONE” activities in collaboration with medical, legal & regulatory.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Oncopeptides.
- Clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, non-verbal and presentation)
- Strong interpersonal and self-presentation skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative and effective working relationships across multiple disciplines
- High Integrity, accountable, savvy and committed to self-development to drive and enhance performance
- Flexible, resilient and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter: hardworking, committed, and patient focused
- Understands and adheres to Oncopeptides’ patient privacy policies and applicable patient privacy laws
- Knowledge of industry, legal and compliance guidelines, and standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft® tools; (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s or advanced degree (MSN, NP, preferred) from an accredited college or university
- Must have and maintain an active RN License but does not have to hold a license in the state(s) assigned
- OCN preferred, not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the oncology setting.
- Recent clinical experience in the care and management of patients with multiple myeloma
- Demonstrated track record of effectively presenting clinical information to healthcare providers.
- As this position affords a car allowance, candidates must meet the requirements of Oncopeptides “Driver Policy”
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Driving record