National Account Executive
Distribution & Access | Field Based - Eastern US | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company committed to developing targeted therapies for patients facing hard-to-treat hematological diseases. Oncopeptides has one U.S. FDA approved product, PEPAXTO® (melphalan flufenamide), known during clinical development as melflufen. PEPAXTO is approved for patients with triple-class refractory multiple myeloma and was evaluated in several clinical studies including the pivotal Phase 2 HORIZON study and is currently being evaluated in the confirmatory Phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden, with a U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to Boston, Oncopeptides has a footprint in Los Altos, California, another U.S. biotech hub. PEPAXTO®is a trademark of Oncopeptides AB (publ).
The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Remote, field-based hybrid role between Payer Account Management and Field Reimbursement Management (FRM) responsible for providing US coverage, coding and payment expertise to support the Oncopeptides portfolio. The individual in this role will have responsibility for implementation of brand reimbursement strategies, achieving and maintaining positive payer coverage policies for products, and educating key customers on payer coverage, coding and payment policies affecting the Oncopeptides portfolio. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in achieving positive medical policies, educating, and developing customer relationships, and working cross-functional and across all payer types, along with oncology provider office staff, to facilitate appropriate market access.
This is a field-based position (Northeast Region) with travel to corporate offices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve positive medical coverage policies for products across all payers – National/ Regional commercial payers, PBMs, Medicare, Medicaid, IDN, Pathway, VA/DoD
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key commercial and government payer organizations
- Remove obstacles with respect to coding, coverage, and reimbursement that prevent patient access to Oncopeptides products.
- Identify and implement opportunities to collaborate with Payers.
- Work closely with internal partners on pull-through opportunities with Payer customers on messaging and resources required to maximize patient access.
- Be the internal “go-to” resource for reimbursement questions to region.
- Provide expertise on coding, coverage, and reimbursement/payment mechanisms to Sales, Marketing, and other functional areas to ensure key reimbursement information is incorporated into business strategy
- Ability to clearly articulate value proposition of Oncopeptides products, and possess strong clinical & business acumen that can be delivered in a compelling manner that ensures optimal access
- Manage and coordinate resolution of reimbursement issues by collaborating with multiple teams, e.g., HUB.
- Collaborate and coordinate across functions (Sales, Marketing, and Medical Affairs) to achieve business goals
- Ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative and operate successfully in matrix environment while deployed in the field
- Continuously maintain a compliant environment.
- Attend various trade conferences.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- BS/BA; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Health Policy, Finance, Economics or business-related field; advance degree strongly preferred, e.g., MBA, MPH
- Minimum of 5-10 years related experience in the healthcare industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience particularly managing national and regional payer and/or oncology provider office relationships.
- Minimum 3-5 years of coverage, coding, payment and policy work with established relationship with key payer organizations (both commercial and Medicare)
- Preferred experience in Oncology and Buy-n-Bill
- Demonstrates a solid understand of the US payer market, experience with both commercial and public payers and understand the decision-making process
- Current and relevant working relationships with executive level decision makers at payers
- Demonstrated understanding of CMS, Commercial payment models and market trends.
- An in-depth understanding of the payer’s process & medical policy that has resulted in successfully improving market access.
- Understanding medical billing, coding, appeals, denials, and fee schedules.
- Proven ability to think strategically and succeed with limited structure and direction.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional working environment
- Successful decision making, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of strategic impact in defining and executing complex customer experience roadmaps while driving for innovative results
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible relationships at high levels within accounts
- Possesses strong business acumen negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with organized customers preferably at the C-Suite level and delivering value proposition of portfolio of products
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Field-base role; must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and organize own work without continuous direct supervision
- Ability to travel (70%+)
Driven by the Oncopeptides Values
- Science driven
- Patient focused