Manager Recruitment and Talent
Human Resources | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Mountain View, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Oncopeptides is looking for a Manager (Recruitment &Talent) to help drive our full-cycle talent acquisition function. The Manager of Recruitment & Talent will wear multiple hats, managing all recruitment processes, programs, and systems. In this role you will work cross-functionally with business partners to guide the strategy and implementation of recruiting policies, procedures, systems and training. The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative, creative thinker that will help build a top notch candidate and employee experience.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Manage and drive the full-cycle recruitment process for all positions, from sourcing to offer close.
● Screen and qualify candidates through phone interviews and face to face interviews.
● Coordinate candidate phone and onsite interviews.
● Measure, track, and report to leadership and hiring teams on all qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate recruiting performance as well as requisition prioritization and business needs.
● Design and drive the recruitment strategies, recruitment processes and procedures, and candidate assessment practices.
● Manage all Recruiting systems (Applicant Tracking System, sourcing tools, etc.) and support all People Operations Systems.
● Utilize creative sourcing strategies to build a strong talent pipeline and identify candidates, both active and passive, for approved openings.
● Research and know the local and national market for comparative roles and industries.
● Manage candidates in process, providing a top-notch candidate experience to every candidate that engages with Oncopeptides.
● Support the offer process with compensation negotiation, obtaining internal offer approval, delivering the verbal offer, and drafting and sending the offer letter.
● Provide leadership with weekly recruiting activity metrics.
● Complete all pre-boarding actions for upcoming New Hires.
● Partner with HR to ensure a smooth handoff of new hire information for a well-maintained onboarding experience.
● Organize and attend local meetups, networking events, and career fairs to increase employer brand recognition.
● Oversee vendor and agency relationships to vet efficiency and manage and negotiate contracts.
● Utilize Radford to align roles on compensation and Total Rewards.
● Manage annual surveys.
● Support Talent Development, performance, training and 360 reviews.
● Assist with org development and design.
● Partner with Finance and leadership on req prioritization and budgeting.
● Perform other administrative tasks, as necessary.
● 8+ years of experience in a Talent/HR environment with a minimum of 4 years of full cycle recruiting experience.
● Experience recruiting for BioTech/Life Sciences startups preferred.
● Adept in managing recruiting programs and systems, such as Applicant Tracking Systems (JobScore), third party resume databases, LinkedIn and other sourcing technologies.
● Strong in planning, time management and decision making.
● Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Experience with hands on support: from coordinating multiple interviews to strong closing and negotiation skills
● Comfortable with ambiguity and willingness to take action.
● Demonstrated networking ability, including the utilization of social media.
● Ability to consistently hit hiring goals while working across the organization.
● Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities.
● Ability to thrive and quickly adapt in a constantly changing environment.
● Possesses a sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
● Proven ability to meet time constraints and manage multiple tasks.
● Strong team player.
● Excellent written and verbal communications