IT Project Manager
Finance & IT | Waltham, MA | Contract
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate Melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Oncopeptides is currently seeking an IT Project Manager to support an existing portfolio of projects across the organization (Finance, Legal, HR, Commercial & Medical Affairs). This candidate will manage key client projects. Coordinate and complete projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with functional leads and stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. Enhance the IT departmental reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the Project Sponsor, Business Owner and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with functional leads and stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with functional leads and stakeholders
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- BA Degree in Information Management Systems
- Project Management Certification
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of IT Project Management or in a related area.
- Proven record of process improvement to streamline efficiencies and improve system effectiveness.
- NetSuite Implementation Experience preferred
- Knowledge of HRIS Systems
- Understanding SOX Compliance within Finance, HR, Commercial and IT
- Ability to lead and influence without authority and direct stakeholders in fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Organized and ability to independently prioritize and multitask
- Finance, Commercial, HR, & Legal & Systems
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience
- HRIS Selection Experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working cross functionally with various stakeholders and accounting functions
- Proficiency in identifying and solving problems while thinking outside the box
- Hands-on and capable of interacting with all levels of management and employees
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to independently prioritize and multitask