Head of Finance & IT
Finance & IT | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Mountain View, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Head of Finance & IT will lead the finance function as well as manage the Information Technology team for the US subsidiary of a company listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm, Sweden. Reporting to the US CEO, this position will be responsible for the US organization’s accounting department, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process. This position will assist in supporting strategic financial planning. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the corporate, commercial and supply operations in the biopharmaceutical industry. This position will have the Head of Information Technology report into them. They will oversee the teams responsible for supporting our US Employees, as they build the infrastructure to operate core systems and applications. This person will have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams. In addition, candidates must be familiar with ERP systems such as NetSuite, Office 365, and other common software used in daily pharmaceutical business control.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owning Oncopeptides Inc. Consolidated Financial statements
- Managing all Accounting and internal control
- Oversee finance implementation of an ERP system (NetSuite), creating a financial planning solution to enhance data aggregation, automation, and real-time visibility for business partners
- Drive our monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting and forecasting processes including strategic alignment across senior leadership
- Ensure that all of the subsidiary’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislations
- Monitor cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions
- Lead and assist in the design of effective processes to ensure compliance with US government price reporting
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Identifying new systems, tools, and processes to scale our functions
- Manage and drive key cross-functional initiatives from start to finish
- Build trusted relationships with senior executives across the subsidiary through financial support, and devise a financial strategy and plan that supports the subsidiary’s long-term financial targets
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on KPIs, trends, and analytics to help meet the company’s long-term growth plans
- Establish enhanced forecasting reporting processes for business partners, the executive team, and the Board to provide improved visibility and accuracy of business projections
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team in both Finance and IT that partners with leaders across the organization to drive data-driven decision-making and accountability
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the technology systems for Oncopeptides, Inc, working closely with Oncopeptides, AB (Sweden HQ)
- Ensure Oncopeptides, Inc. IT infrastructure is secure, scalable, flexible, and compliant while working in conjunction with the IT leaders
- Minimum 10-15+ years of relevant work experience and relevant Finance Director or Controller responsibilities at a fast-growing, US, commercial biotech organization
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and roll up sleeves
- Results-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful team player that excels in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong, analytical thinker focused on the optimization of investment decisions and measurement of outcomes
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry with oncology experience preferred
- CPA and public accounting experience is strongly preferred with tax and M&A accounting knowledge an added benefit
- Experience from ERP implementation projects, in particular Netsuite, preferred
- Ability to also understand and manage the IT function