Director / Sr. Director, Business Operations and Planning
Marketing | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Position: Director/ Sr. Director Business Operations and Planning
The Director/ Sr. Director of Business Operations and Planning reports to the Head of US Marketing and Business Planning. This role delivers integrated thinking and aligned planning across all functions within the US Business Unit (USBU) as well as functions operating out of our global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. This position has oversight of cross-functional initiatives to ensure they progress in a streamlined fashioned without the obstacles that geography or silos can produce. This role collaborates with all functional leaders to ensure harmonized planning processes informed by corporate objectives. This role will also support the US BU leadership team with internal communications and preparation for Board of Director meetings.
This role will serve as a resource for the US leadership team to champion the vision, values and culture that is central to the company’s growth. In particular, this position will represent the US leadership team in key capability build initiatives led by IT, Finance, HR or global. This includes implementing planning that ensures the knowledge management, productivity tools, and processes serve the needs of the US team. Finally, the Director/ Sr. Director of US Business Operations and Planning will cultivate a project management mindset and ensure all projects follow the expected scope and timeline.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· In coordination with US leadership team (USLT), ensure that the highest priority corporate initiatives are identified and tracked to ensure achievement of corporate objectives.
· Facilitate communication and implementation of priorities across US Business Unit (USBU) functions
· Partner with USLT to identify, elevate, and manage risks commensurate with corporate growth.
· Accountable for coordinating with USBU Leadership to build and direct processes (i.e. budget planning, brand and launch planning, quarterly business reviews, etc.) and business systems that support the vision, values, culture, and strategic plans of the organization
· Partnering with the USLT to develop budgets that align with agreed upon assumptions and support finance requirements
· Creating essential elements of a knowledge management approach, together with appropriate business rules, to ensure systems are built to ensure efficient and accessible information/data for business operations.
· Ensure scope and implementation of business processes are commensurate with organizational needs and priorities with a goal to enhance productivity, and improve collaboration
Reporting and Communication
· Holds primary accountability for preparing for and facilitating Leadership Team meetings (drafting agendas and minutes, tracking progress of key initiatives/assigned action items,).
· Launch Readiness - Leads cross functional Launch Readiness Team including preparing for weekly meetings, tracking, and coordinating launch readiness updates for leadership and other stakeholders
· Works with key stakeholders to assist in preparation for Board and Board Committee meetings, facilitating corporate presentations and memorandums to the Board
· Acts as liaison between staff and senior leaders regarding company culture and employee satisfaction
· Assists head of finance and IT to ensure clear communication of IT needs with minimal disruption during technology adoption
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
· At least fifteen (10) years direct pharmaceutical experience with at least five (5) years consulting, strategy and/or project management experience OR equivalent level of education and experience. Experience in a startup environment are a plus.
· Ability to develop strong relationships with cross functional leads and effectively leading without authority
· Demonstrated experience working effectively with C-Level Executive Management, a good sense of self-awareness, strong personal presence, and a high degree of emotional intelligence/maturity
· Outstanding record of personal integrity and track record of utmost discretion with highly confidential information
· Extensive background in working with, and across, all functional areas (global and US) involved in the drug development process, clinical, regulatory, commercial, medical affairs, and finance/G&A
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) with the ability to express complex ideas
· Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task. Must have excellent organizational skills.
· Demonstrated leadership experience in a high visibility role; supervisory and/or consulting experience a plus
· Ability to work well under tight deadlines and to respond to rapidly changing demands
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including productivity tools and database management