Human Resources | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Mountain View, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
As the Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for creating and managing operational excellence around HR policies and processes. You will spearhead all performance management and ongoing development initiatives for our US offices. You will have a presence with our Leadership Team and will be counted on to be ahead of the curve with all HR essential functions and policies. We are looking for someone who is both employee and business focused, enjoys establishing processes and best practices, and is able to deal with the demands of a rapidly scaling company.
This position is based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Domestic and international travel up to 15%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the company’s human resources function
- Provide consultation to senior management and leadership on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training, and career development
- Assist with the design and oversee the company’s performance management process
- Work with third party providers and online services to source and provide compensation and benefits survey data and metrics to the Leadership Team
- Develop, implement, and direct programs such as employee onboarding, employee offboarding, and training programs
- Oversee and administer all benefits plans, policies and guidelines
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws as well as industry regulations
- Work closely with Legal/Compliance to advise management on legal implications of HR issues as well as ensure compliance with all labor laws and government requirements
- Monitor staff morale and provide feedback to the CEO for any actions that need to be taken
- Oversee payroll and withholding process for Company - including the addition of new employees, deletion of termed employees, ongoing payroll cycle processing, withholding administration, etc.
- Document and manage various people related transactions such as new hire, leave of absence, workers comp, terminations, etc.
- Skillfully and professionally conduct workplace investigations in a manner that leaves those involved feeling supported and with issues resolved
- Act as the main point of contact for all HR related questions and issues
- Manage staff of between 1 and 3 people
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Professional certification or master’s degree in HR is preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proactive attitude and the drive to take initiative
- Ability to identify problems and implement a solution, escalating when needed
- Extensive knowledge of various HR programs and processes such as: employee relations, payroll, benefits, performance management, onboarding, exit interviews, organizational development, compensation, and more
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required
- Ability to work independently while supporting each employee
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced in handling and maintaining a high-level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is a must