Director/Associate Director, Key Customer Marketing – CENTRAL
Marketing | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Director/Associate Director of Key Customer Marketing, Central will report to the Executive Director of US Marketing and will be a key member of core project teams responsible for the planning and commercialization of Oncopeptides’ first therapy, melflufen, in the US.
The Director/Associate Director of Key Customer Marketing will build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the area of Multiple Myeloma for involvement in current and future commercial activities. This role will coordinate with functional partners within the Oncopeptides organization (e.g., Marketing, Market Access, Sales Training, PR, Medical Affairs) while ensuring compliance with guidelines on appropriate medical/commercial collaboration. This role will also be responsible for overseeing select marketing programs (i.e. Peer to Peer Programing, Advisory Boards, Congress Strategy and Execution).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with existing and emerging Key Opinion Leaders for involvement in current and future commercial activities
- Lead planning and execution of assigned marketing responsibilities including Advisory Board and Congress Plans, Peer to Peer Programming and KOL engagement strategy
- Compliantly liaise with Medical Affairs, Market Access, Sales and Marketing to plan and execute customer engagement strategy; Address customer needs, identify and initiate appropriate projects of mutual interest
- Maintain scientific knowledge and monitor marketplace trends: Uncover competitive intelligence, opinion leader insights and disseminate to internal stakeholders to inform development of new strategies and tactical approaches
- Coordinate marketing initiatives and opinion leader engagement plans at regional and state society conferences
- Manage speaker events, including selection of speakers, speaker training and budget management; Contribute to on-going refinement of speaker bureau and development of program content
- Manage database of interactions with opinion leaders
- Ensure that all activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7-9 years of sales, account management and/or marketing experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (oncology/hematology experience preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills; Proven ability to develop productive relationships with physicians and other Healthcare Professionals
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually, Skilled in developing and executing marketing strategies
- Proven ability to understand, track, analyze and leverage customer and marketplace insights into building effective marketing strategies and campaigns
- Ability to communicate effectively and with influence; having a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in navigating through organizational ambiguity in a self-directed manner
- Can multi-task and prioritize competing project deadlines to produce the most efficient, timely output of deliverables