Associate Director US Scientific Communications
Medical Affairs | Waltham, MA | Full Time
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company committed to developing targeted therapies for patients facing hard-to-treat hematological diseases. Oncopeptides has one U.S. FDA approved product, PEPAXTO® (melphalan flufenamide), known during clinical development as melflufen. PEPAXTO is approved for patients with triple-class refractory multiple myeloma and was evaluated in several clinical studies including the pivotal Phase 2 HORIZON study and is currently being evaluated in the confirmatory Phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden, with a U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition to Boston, Oncopeptides has a footprint in Los Altos, California, another U.S. biotech hub. PEPAXTO®is a trademark of Oncopeptides AB (publ).
The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
The Associate Director US Scientific Communications is a member of the Global Scientific Communications team within Medical Affairs. The Global Scientific Communications Associate Director needs to have the ability to collaborate in a cross-functional setting, demonstrate strategic thinking, excellent scientific and medical understanding within the field of hematology/oncology as well as proven ability to work with key external stakeholders is essential to the role.
The Associate Director US Scientific Communications is an office-based position in US in Oncopeptides Waltham, MA office and reports to the Global Head of Scientific Communications based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop the US Medical Communication Plan aligned with the Global Communication plan and in collaboration with Global Scientific Communications and other relevant MA colleagues.
- To lead the development of medical tactics for external use based on needs for the US Medical customer facing functions such as MSLs, Oncology Nurse Educators and Patient Advocacy in close collaboration with Global Scientific Communications, US Medical Field team leaders, Patient Advocacy Director, US Medical Training, and other relevant cross-functional colleagues.
- To develop content aligned with the global communication strategy for local and regional US medical congresses in close collaboration with relevant medical colleagues
- To manage submission of medical deliverables in Veeva Medical Review for approval and to attend US Medical Review Committee Meetings when necessary.
- To work with vendors in line with all applicable standards, rules and regulations and in alignment with Global Scientific Communications.
- To participate in the development of the Global Scientific platform for Oncopeptides products ensuring a valid version of the platform accessible for implementation in the US.
- The Associate Director US Scientific Communications is responsible for cost control and strategic use of budget related activities within the scope of the role.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- 5 + years pharma experience including Oncology or Hematology and with at least 3 years of experience from Scientific Communications and/or a Medical Communications. Alternatively, 5+ years of experience from a medical communications agency can be considered.
- Excellent skills in applicable Microsoft office applications such as power point
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge in Oncology/Hematology associated scientific literature and continuously stay up to date and develop knowledge.
- Experience in medical communications
- Experience from developing/implementing medical communications strategy and tactics
- Excellent understanding in rules and regulations applicable for US Medical Communication
- Solid collaboration and teamwork inter-personal characteristics.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to work in an agile environment.
- Pro-active and goal oriented with the ability to act independent.
- Skills in establishing long lasting relationships with different working groups, authorities, societies and other stakeholders.
- Ability to drive functional as well as cross-functional performance
- Higher scientific qualification e.g. PharmD, MSc and with experience in Hematology and/or Oncology.
- Academic research experience, e.g. PhD is a benefit.
- Always keep high ethical standards and acting compliant to applicable rules and regulations.
Driven by the Oncopeptides Values
- Science driven
- Patient focused